The Ultimate Droid 3.1.1 - Multiple Phones and Tablets!! - Links Addded

bigbadboots

Reaction score
so far this is a huge leap over 3.0.1. This runs so much faster on my phone than any other GB rom. What is the launcher that comes stock with this rom though? it is plenty fast, but the icons in the app drawer seem a bit pixelated/blurry. I also cant seem to change the 'phone' app on the bottom bar. i can change the 'browser' app though. minor nitpicks though... great job BlackDroid and RafficaX

Axium

Reaction score
if there is 100% reliability on the texts i am so going to switch to this rom :)

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
Not sure how long this option has been on this ROM or any other ROM out there but I LOVE the inverted browser option!!! I hate the bright backgrounds on anything and this is just a must for me......sorry if I just haven't seen it until now....lol

adsfa34

Reaction score
Awesome thanks UD team! I'll have to dl and flash this when I get back (currently in the mountains for snowboarding :))

Can't wait to get back now! :D

Sent from Sourcery

geoff5093

Reaction score
Anyone else have an issue where when using the onscreen keyboard it doesn't show any actual words for auto correct? All I see are names of people I have in my contact list, if I start typing those are the only words that appear. I've come to rely on auto correct for the simple mistakes. I checked in the keyboard section and it's set for auto correct and for the English (US) dictionary...

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Anyone else have an issue where when using the onscreen keyboard it doesn't show any actual words for auto correct? All I see are names of people I have in my contact list, if I start typing those are the only words that appear. I've come to rely on auto correct for the simple mistakes. I checked in the keyboard section and it's set for auto correct and for the English (US) dictionary...

This is literally the only issue I have but I am so used to having predictive text that it makes me want to switch roms. I really dont want to because this one is running so well. And I dont know if its me but I was unable to figure out the bug tracker thing, maybe its because I am so tired.

I mean honestly this rom is awesome. Any ideas on how to fix this or what to do would be appreciated.

WarJorge

Reaction score
Im running the stock 800 kernel it comes with, where can I dl other ones that are compatible, I have a 1.1 from Pete and a 1.1 from Chevy, will those work fine? Do I need to do a wipe and factory reset?

LadyAngler

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

You could try one of these keyboards. They are GB. So should work. Make a backup first though just in case it isn't compatible. Worth a try though.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ultimatedroid/107745-gingerbread-keybord-themes.html

Last edited:

mkjellgren

Reaction score
well, gave it a shot. got everything set up, even flashed a few different kernels and tried LP and ADW.EX but couldnt get rid of the little bit of stutter when swiping between home screens. Back to pe5.0.2 for me...

Really!?

What do you have your clock speed at? What gov are you using (interactive, ondemand etc..?)

Do you have setcpu, or stock over-clock app? Sorry to bombard you with questions, but you moved away from the Rom fairly quick. Wondering if it's even worth a flash.
Thanks. I'm gonna flash anyway.

As I said, I tried it with several kernels including 800, 900, and 1000 MHz versions from rz, slayher, and Pete. I use setcpu and run my governor at interactive whenever possible.

I would say this rom is definitely worth flashing and I'm sure it runs great for many people. I have just never had much luck with UD roms since 3.0 was released. Not sure why but they always seem to lag and stutter slightly. Not really a big deal since they do function very well for the most part. A little bit of lag just bothers the heck out of me and is something I have yet to experience with pe. Just one more reason there are many roms available to choose from.

wierdo124

Reaction score
Yeah, i use RZ.

3.1.1 is out, so don't download 3.1.0. Maybe RafficaX should update the OP...