The Ultimate Droid 3.1.1 - Multiple Phones and Tablets!! - Links Addded

nyteowl

Reaction score
Gmail force closes since new update.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Go to settings>application>manage applications
Find gmail in the list and hit force close, then hit clear data.
back out then restart gmail
Should work

Thanks, that worked for me too!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Darksthour

Reaction score
Woot just in time BD. Working great so far. Awesome work as always.

Darksthour

Reaction score

Dark - Have you tested text messages?

-or playlists?

Thx!

Yea I have it locked into memory and have been sending and receiving texts all day so far. More time will let me know if I haven't got one from someone but no problems yet.

kenbarnum

Reaction score

Dark - Have you tested text messages?

-or playlists?

Thx!

Yea I have it locked into memory and have been sending and receiving texts all day so far. More time will let me know if I haven't got one from someone but no problems yet.

Thanks for the answer!

series70

Reaction score
Not sure if they are bugs or issues with my phone. I was on 2.5 and it was running pretty well. Did a complete wipe of all data/cache before install of the latest 3.1.

- 3G goes between Green and White in color, and when it is white all programs say they are disconnected from the netork, despite full 3G signal being displayed.

- Crazy heat issues. I understand there is a lot of installing to be done with a new ROM which will increase temps, as I have flashed many. But with this one, I was having temps above 40*C with 3 services running and nothing installing or updating according to the ROM. Tried a few different kernels that worked well with past UD's and nothing helped.

- Lots of really frequent Sync's for one program or another that I have never had to deal with before.

So these problems are obviously going to hose my battery life. Right now, I've flashed back to 2.5 because it runs stable.

On another note, the ROM looks kick ass, and I really want it to work on my phone, but I might be stuck with Froyo.

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Not sure if they are bugs or issues with my phone. I was on 2.5 and it was running pretty well. Did a complete wipe of all data/cache before install of the latest 3.1.

- 3G goes between Green and White in color, and when it is white all programs say they are disconnected from the netork, despite full 3G signal being displayed.

- Crazy heat issues. I understand there is a lot of installing to be done with a new ROM which will increase temps, as I have flashed many. But with this one, I was having temps above 40*C with 3 services running and nothing installing or updating according to the ROM. Tried a few different kernels that worked well with past UD's and nothing helped.

- Lots of really frequent Sync's for one program or another that I have never had to deal with before.

So these problems are obviously going to hose my battery life. Right now, I've flashed back to 2.5 because it runs stable.

On another note, the ROM looks kick ass, and I really want it to work on my phone, but I might be stuck with Froyo.

I've noticed some heat issues on mine as well. Gonna try a different kernel I guess, although I was using this same exact one on 3.0.1 with no problems (raidzero 1ghz).

Anyone have any other ideas? Time to go stick my phone in the freezer for a minute hahaha...

Play a jam!

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
regarding the heat issue and the applications constantly syncing, gingerbread has an overly aggressive task killer for our OG.
Sounds like you may need to freeze or uninstall some of the ones constantly syncing.
They are I in a cycle of being killed and then restarting. this will end up causing your battery to drain quickly.

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

joeybarclay

Reaction score
I would really be OK for signing up to download, but I already did that while ago and my account seemed to have vanished. :icon_evil:

b-jammin21

Reaction score
regarding the heat issue and the applications constantly syncing, gingerbread has an overly aggressive task killer for our OG.
Sounds like you may need to freeze or uninstall some of the ones constantly syncing.
They are I in a cycle of being killed and then restarting. this will end up causing your battery to drain quickly.

danceswithbongs

Thanks for the info. Just flashed Chevy's LV 1ghz from ROM manager and it seems to be better so far.

How do I go about fixing this problem of apps killing and restarting? Thanks for the help.

Play a jam!

series70

Reaction score

danceswithbongs

Looks like I'm back to 2.5 then, because one of those applications is Gmail which I use for work. Bummer, this ROM looks super cool. Outside of the heat and that dumb "You have a full 3G signal, but you have no Data" in the notification bar, it looks promising if your phone can run it.

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
I always have wiped full 5 times then installed any ROM to help alleviate any issues.

Nausicaa

Reaction score
Why does the market not work? I can't install any applications and I did a full wipe. Installing anything will cause it to force close.

chewy74

Reaction score
You could use astro file manager to open up the Rom zip and drop the tb apk in the system folder and astro will rezipp. Then flash and should appear. I've never had a prob doing it that way on any Rom ever

Going back to 3.0.1! Problems so far with 3.1:
TI backup will not install from .zip in SPRecovery
Have to log into google and DL from Market
After all apps restored, Lock screen disapears, goes right to phone without having to unlock
Home button does not work
Apps do not load from SD card.

Might be something that TI restores causing the problems. I will have to go through and find out but not now. Never had any of these types of problems before with UD roms. The home button works fine before the restore.