The Ultimate Droid 3.0.0 Beta - 7 Phones - Nexus S Updated 1/10/11

Nickdroid86

Reaction score
This rom is like time travel. Great concept, just never going to happen correctly.

Pretty caustic remark. I understand how frustrated you are, hoping for a perfect product, yet having to endure being in the land of "almost there but not quite right."

But many have a lot of respect for those stepping up to the challenge of rewriting such an immensely complex thing as this operating system. Those who program for a living, especially those good enough to fully understand the code involved in all aspects of this operating system, realize how tough a job this can be and how many interconnected parts can screw up other parts. It can often be a trial-and-error process which is, to say the least, long and laborious. That's why this release is "BETA."

I'd highly recommend we encourage these developers and cooperate with their efforts by:
1 - being patient
2 - doing everything we can to analyze exactly what's happening to our phones and when and
3 - reporting those bugs with as much detail as possible so the developers have an easier time chasing down and squishing the bugs

Nickdroid86 - The above is not intended to bash you. In fact, I don't think you were trying to bash them. Like you, we are all excited and anxious to see a finished and fully functional release. We all check this site often, hoping it'll finally be here. And when it's not we yell *&^%$#@! Been there, done that, bought the T-shirt, wore it out. I'm just recommending that we try to visualize being the developers and then try to do what we can to support and assist them.

I think I'll drink a beer now, and toast to the developers issuing the fully operational release tomorrow. If it doesn't happen I'll toast tomorrow with two beers for the following day's release. Continue looping.

I was just messing around I'm loyal to the UD and will keep checking back daily for 3.0 and then obviously the next update. I like your beer idea.

ejxi

Reaction score
Couldn't run 3.0 smoothly because everytime I got a text message it wouldn't let me read it. It would alert me, but I couldn't view any of my text messages. So now I'm anxiously awaiting this to be out of beta. Running 2.5 smoothly and I absolutely love it. It's tying me over for now. =)

masterzoltar

Reaction score
random phone ring tone

After answering or ending a phone call I have experienced random ringtones going off. Wiped 3 times and have tried several kernals. Other than that everything I can live with.

cujo6801

Reaction score
still rocking this rom...I think some of you mite like to black out some parts of this rom...I have...go to blacked out in the theme forum and try his stand alone themes...I'm rocking his mkt,Gmail,audio manager,fancy widget and a red key board I got some where..can't remember..remember always back-up first and follow his instuctions ...

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
@rafficaX can we get the emergency calls only back on the lock screen?

bigwilly90210

Reaction score
Quick fix if you lose the data connection:

1. Got to Settings > Wireless and Networks
2. Enable airplane mode
3. While in the Wireless and Networks menu quick go to Mobile Networks
4. Disable and Enable Mobile Data twice.
5. If it worked your 3G icon and signal strength should go from white to green.
6. ????
7. Profit!

P.S. This is the only problem I've had with this build (1/10/11) so far aside from bootlooping when I tried to change the theme. No biggie. Thanks blackdroid!

tu3218

Reaction score
Quick fix if you lose the data connection:

1. Got to Settings > Wireless and Networks
2. Enable airplane mode
3. While in the Wireless and Networks menu quick go to Mobile Networks
4. Disable and Enable Mobile Data twice.
5. If it worked your 3G icon and signal strength should go from white to green.
6. ????
7. Profit!

P.S. This is the only problem I've had with this build (1/10/11) so far aside from bootlooping when I tried to change the theme. No biggie. Thanks blackdroid!

did you have the problem with the lights not working?

afallucco

Reaction score
Everyone has the problem with the lights not working. I've been trying the nightlies and jeff's rom but this one I keep coming back to as a daily because its the most stable. Hopefully we get some more updates soon.

hddeuce60

Reaction score
Put a brightness widget on the power bar and toggle it and the soft keys will come on. If the keyboard is open those will come on too.

kenbarnum

Reaction score
Has anyone seen a proposed release date for a non-beta version?
D1

dodgersrgood

Reaction score
Whenever I plug my phone into the wall charger the clock app launches. Is this just me?