The Ultimate Droid 3.0.0 Beta - 7 Phones - Nexus S Updated 1/10/11

illmatic636

Reaction score
Anyone here of any updates. Surprised that thread leak about one coming hasn't been started. :blackdroid:

Nickdroid86

Reaction score
This rom is like time travel. Great concept, just never going to happen correctly.

XJetJock

Reaction score
Not so sure the reboots are random. They could be triggered by certain apps. For example, I use the app called Personal Wallpaper. I had it set to change the wallpaper every hour. When the rebooting occurred I eventually realized that it was happening when the wallpaper was changing. I shutdown the automatic changing and the rebooting appears to have stopped.

So if you are getting reboots you might want to stop the apps you've downloaded and see if the reboots cease. Then add the apps back one at a time until it happens again. Then report to the developers what appears to be causing the reboots. Maybe it'll help them track down where the bugs actually are?

cujo6801

Reaction score
In case anyone is interested....you can run blacked out's sand alone,blacked out mkt, blacked out Gmail,blacked out audio manager, blacked out fancy widget all on UD3.0 beta...I have all these running rite now with no problems...thought you mite like to know

XJetJock

Reaction score
This rom is like time travel. Great concept, just never going to happen correctly.

Pretty caustic remark. I understand how frustrated you are, hoping for a perfect product, yet having to endure being in the land of "almost there but not quite right."

But many have a lot of respect for those stepping up to the challenge of rewriting such an immensely complex thing as this operating system. Those who program for a living, especially those good enough to fully understand the code involved in all aspects of this operating system, realize how tough a job this can be and how many interconnected parts can screw up other parts. It can often be a trial-and-error process which is, to say the least, long and laborious. That's why this release is "BETA."

I'd highly recommend we encourage these developers and cooperate with their efforts by:
1 - being patient
2 - doing everything we can to analyze exactly what's happening to our phones and when and
3 - reporting those bugs with as much detail as possible so the developers have an easier time chasing down and squishing the bugs

Nickdroid86 - The above is not intended to bash you. In fact, I don't think you were trying to bash them. Like you, we are all excited and anxious to see a finished and fully functional release. We all check this site often, hoping it'll finally be here. And when it's not we yell *&^%$#@! Been there, done that, bought the T-shirt, wore it out. I'm just recommending that we try to visualize being the developers and then try to do what we can to support and assist them.

I think I'll drink a beer now, and toast to the developers issuing the fully operational release tomorrow. If it doesn't happen I'll toast tomorrow with two beers for the following day's release. Continue looping.

syikho

Reaction score
Running this ROM on my D1 and my wife's DINC. She doesn't seem to suffer from the data connection issue however I do. The only major issue I have come across are a few failed installs from the Market and the DINC can't do *228 because the dial pad doesn't show lol. But I love this so far. Been testing the crap out of it to see if I can find anything wrong.

The only wish I would have is to have a customizable lockscreen and the battery bar mod at the top of the screen like Miui. Although I am proud to say my Droid is ULTIMATE! All my Android friends are jealous :D

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

HavoC

Reaction score
Installed the beta on my Droid 1 today, my experience so far has been similar to others' that I've read over the last few days. Here's a rundown of the issues I've seen:

1. Redraws and random reboots - these only started after I installed ADW from the market, I assume its a stock ADW issue with gingerbread or something along those lines.

2. physical keyboard and bottom backlights go out and come back randomly - I toggled automatic brightness on and off but that didn't permanently fix the issue, but its not something that bothers me.

Outside of those two, I can't think of anything else. I haven't experienced any 3G/Data loss, even while using the browser with GPS on or off.

To summarize, this ROM runs great for me, thanks again to the devs for your great work.

nwwolf1

Reaction score
The title says updated, does that mean the beta is updated and they fixed some things?