The Ultimate Droid 2.4.0 - All Devices - D1, INC, EVO 4G, Desire CDMA & GSM

TMYINC

Reaction score
Im having some issues with the built in overclocking. Im still using the stock kernel. Governor is set to interactive. Min speed is 250 and max speed is set to 800. When I check my speed through system task panel it is only maxing out at 600 like it did right after installing. I use Setcpu for roms without built in overclocking so I downloaded that and it only showed a max of 600 and the governor was on demand, not interactive. And yes the box was checked for the overclocking in UD settings. Tried a clean install and a few reboots but no change. Never had this issue with any UD roms so it could definitely be user error. I just wanted to post my issues just to make sure. Other then that, running great! Thanks!

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ranger, when you logged in at the android screen did it seem to connect very quickly? The reason I ask is because some roms have done that to me. It says that it has connected with google but none of my info was actually transferred to the phone... I remember 2.3 did that the first time then I dl'd a fixed version from UD website that fixed it....

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

jawa6969

Reaction score
Here is what I am getting with my setup. Flashed over the latest 2.3.0 nightly.

Not seeing the Gingerbread keyboard. In fact, this keyboard seems slow in response to my typing compared to previous builds and keyboards.

Battery icon is better but is vertical and does not look good if you want the battery percentage to show (cuts off the text). I love the red one from the first (or second) nightly from 2.3.0. Wish that would come back.

Still have the EMERGENCY CALLS ONLY on the rotary lockscreen.

That's it so far.

lilcdroid

Reaction score
So far updated to 2.4 without wipe and working very nice. A couple of things though, pulldown was no longer transparent and I also did not get the new keyboard. I already have a MM theme that changes everything to blue, instead of the red, so I just plugged the 2.3 pulldown.png into the MM and worked like a charm. As far as the gingerbread keyboard, I just grabbed the one from Pete and installed it and now I am back to lovin this ROM. kudoos BD!

tee00max

Reaction score
Its a gingerbread keyboard just black on black....Its not my style so I just loaded the regular GB keyboard...

wcaudle

Reaction score
Quadrant score

I just updated to 2.4 over my 2.3. I installed the Slayher 1100 Mhz kernal, which I was running before. Running the Quadrant benchmark I was always getting around 1300-1350 on 2.3, and now it is running around 1045. Anybody else seeing these results. I'm gonna keep 2.4 on for a day and see how everything else is running before restoring.

dmzxls

Reaction score
I just updated to 2.4 over my 2.3. I installed the Slayher 1100 Mhz kernal, which I was running before. Running the Quadrant benchmark I was always getting around 1300-1350 on 2.3, and now it is running around 1045. Anybody else seeing these results. I'm gonna keep 2.4 on for a day and see how everything else is running before restoring.

For what it's worth, I just installed Quadrant in response to this post. I am running 2.4 with Slayher's 1200mhz LFY kernel clocked to 1100 using SetCPU.

I scored a 1493. I don't know what you are worried about. And this is without compcache functioning.

For kicks, I also ran a test with SetCPU at 1200-1200 to ensure the processor was at the maximum frequency the entire time and scored a 1648. When doing the same but with the clock set to 1100-1100 it scored a 1621.

Perhaps you should check your overclocking information and make sure you haven't restricted the range of clock frequencies available by your kernal as clearly by "quadrant standards" 2.4 can perform much "faster" than what you are experiencing.

brusky

Reaction score
can u delete the defualt launcher that 2.4 comes with?

Everytime i restart my phone it loads the default launcher then after hitting the home button a few times it finally loads Launcherpro, but then all my widgets says it hasnt been load properly and so i would have to redo them all..