The Ultimate Droid 2.3.0 - All Devices - D1, INC, EVO 4G, Desire CDMA & GSM

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
After this wiped chace and data it loaded up good, boot animation worked, and went right into the setup. Is working flawlessly now. Thx for the help!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Yeah, no problem:) Glad I could help!
Sometimes it takes a couple

Sniper_5

Reaction score
aefc5c2a-bced-68a9.jpg
aefc5c2a-bd1f-90fc.jpg

Sent from my DROID running UD2.1 @ 1Ghz

Adrozz07

Reaction score
I don't seem to have extra tabs on my lockscreen as was stated in changelog. Maybe I misinterpereted the intended change. Am I missing something?

sportadic22

Reaction score
Go to ultimate settings. Then input. Then little bit down you should see lockscreen stuff... gestures And adding phone and app tab to lockscreen

sent from my Droid using DroidForums App. *UD 2.3.0*

sonnydroid

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to install a boot animation. Not the ones you can choose in the settings, but a different one..
Couldn't find the .zip file in /data/local/. So putting the bootanimation.zip there doesn't seem to work... ?

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to install a boot animation. Not the ones you can choose in the settings, but a different one..
Couldn't find the .zip file in /data/local/. So putting the bootanimation.zip there doesn't seem to work... ?

The boot animation will be in /system/media but you can put it in /data/local. The phone scans /data/local first so you can put your boot animation in there without removing it from /system/media or you can remove it. Whichever. But there might not be enough room for a custom boot animation in /system/media so you might have to place it in /data/local.

OSX2000

Reaction score

Put it in /system/media/ instead. That's where I keep mine and it never fails me.

sonnydroid

Reaction score

Put it in /system/media/ instead. That's where I keep mine and it never fails me.

Thanks but nvm, got it to work.
I just went into UD settings, installed the nexus animation, rebooted, went into /data/local/ and deleted the bootanimation.zip, then moved the one (Droid Pro boot animation) I wanted to there.

Edit: I probably took one too many steps lol, but oh well, at least it works now...

Mr_A

Reaction score
I installed the custom browser from ud settings then rebooted, when I open browser I get a force close over and over.. any suggestions?

Sniper_5

Reaction score
My answer/ decline is shifted to the left slightly.

Sent from my DROID running UD2.1 @ 1Ghz

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
How do you get compcache running on 2.3? Are the edits and terminal commands still necessary?? Thanks..

DHood

Reaction score
I have ud2.0 with a theme. In order to run 2.3 do I just go over what I have or do a wipe cache and data? Do I need to flash 2.1 first?

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can flash without wipe. If you have issues, wipe and reinstall.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cool....a new ROM to play with at work today. :) Thanks BD and testers!

iPhoneBlowz

Reaction score
I have ud2.0 with a theme. In order to run 2.3 do I just go over what I have or do a wipe cache and data? Do I need to flash 2.1 first?

You do not have to flash 2.1 first. You can always go back and wipe if you have probs. Of course make sure you have a backup of your current config.