The Ultimate Droid 2.1.0 - Droid Only

dodgersrgood

Reaction score
Sadly, I'm disappointed with UltimateDroid recently. First I was sad in 2.0 when bluetooth was wonky. And now in 2.1 the bluetooth issue was finally resolved! I was so happy until it got worse: wifi no longer works. I've tried different kernels, tried wipes, and tried installing w/o wipe over 2.0. NOTHING. Is there any fix to this? =(

Wifi is working fine for me on the stock kernel

Lars1

Reaction score
Sadly, I'm disappointed with UltimateDroid recently. First I was sad in 2.0 when bluetooth was wonky. And now in 2.1 the bluetooth issue was finally resolved! I was so happy until it got worse: wifi no longer works. I've tried different kernels, tried wipes, and tried installing w/o wipe over 2.0. NOTHING. Is there any fix to this? =(

I'm still wondering the same thing.

My WiFi is jacked up.

Lars1

Reaction score

Did you wipe proir to install?

What were you running B4?

bdub33

Reaction score
Anyone get compcache working for this??

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

dodgersrgood

Reaction score
W

Did you wipe proir to install?

What were you running B4?

I was running 2.0 and I did a nandroid backup of my data, wiped, installed 2.1 then restored my data backup and bam! It worked.

sgtguthrie

Reaction score
Awesome so far! ChevyNo1 lv 1.0Ghz kernel is working great too!

jeepinnc

Reaction score
Can anyone help me with the vibrating? It will not vibrate when receiving notifications, such as email. It will vibrate for phone calls and such but not when receiving emails. Also, long pressing on widgets doesnt do anything. I wont allow me to move them. Thanks.

Last edited:

shadowdweller

Reaction score
First off, I got to say UD is simply amazing. UD 1.0.0 is the definition of perfection. I was not a fan of 2.0 and 2.1.0 is ALMOST like UD 1.0.0. Now, I've read through 24 pages so far and I have not seen this issue addressed. I've tried this with UDLauncher and Launcher Pro, I HAD to put Launcher Pro back on! I have an issue with the text when I change the font to, for example, Exile. Not only does this happen with this font, it happens with all the fonts through UD Settings. If you look under certain icons you can see what I am talking about... any fixes for this, or am I the only one with this problem?

Anyone else having this problem besides me? I've included a screenshot of the problem, post #237 on page 24.

Last edited:

reebz

Reaction score
I just installed 2.1 over 2.0 with Renovate theme, no wipe, using SP. I'm having the same camera bugs as previous ROM, auto focus and flash constantly going off. I just used the camcorder and the icon in the gallery was of an old video I had previously shot and deleted and when I played it, the video I just shot played. Weird.

otter34

Reaction score
Can I control music and pandora app w/ the volume key and camera key to pause, ff and Rewind while the screen is off?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I would suggest wiping and trying again as the gallery was part of the changes made to 2.1.

I just installed 2.1 over 2.0 with Renovate theme, no wipe, using SP. I'm having the same camera bugs as previous ROM, auto focus and flash constantly going off. I just used the camcorder and the icon in the gallery was of an old video I had previously shot and deleted and when I played it, the video I just shot played. Weird.

DroidForums junkie!

reebz

Reaction score
Ok. I'll try that tomorrow after charging the phone. It's getting a little low on juice now.

tareq

Reaction score
After you change the font you must do a "hot reboot" which is under the Ultimate Settings under "Quick Commands" It worked for me when a normal reboot would not. Hope it helps

How you change font? can I pick any font zip it and flash it?

g0tuj0ckin

Reaction score
damn the rom didnt reload all my apps... sucks.. but other than that so far so good