The Ultimate Droid 2.1.0 - Droid Only

tee00max

Reaction score

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Has anyone tried a jdlfg kernel? I just flashed a 1 ghz jdlfg and its super smooth, responsive, and fast. Stock Sapphire kernel was real nice for me too (didn't really have much of a reason to change other than for more speed...). Just wondering if any of you thought outside of chevy and slayher, as I really like the jdlfg.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

tjs

Reaction score
k but are those new newest though? and what happens that causes it not to work with your phone?

Don't know why. All phones react differently to different kernels.
As far a being the newest kernels I don't know.
You have to keep trying them to see what works best.
Hit or miss

blazed1

Reaction score
Love this rom so far. Flashed over 1.0.0 and I'm not having any issues. The only thing I'm not seeing is swype which I had installed in 1.0.0, not the beta but the one that came with the rom. Any help getting this working would be greatly appreciated.

dodgersrgood

Reaction score
the new theme(status bar icon,etc) is awesome. good work on the update from 2.0!!

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Eh.. how long has the official swype been in beta? I mean really..... at this rate, it's going to release in 2025 and the boat will have already sailed.. just my opinion. swype is overrated and in a never ending beta version.. I don't get it.

blazed1

Reaction score
Eh.. how long has the official swype been in beta? I mean really..... at this rate, it's going to release in 2025 and the boat will have already sailed.. just my opinion. swype is overrated and in a never ending beta version.. I don't get it.

Seriously lol, by the time it's released our phones will just be able to read our minds and we won't need a keyboard. I really only use swype for quick one handed texts, everything else I use the keypad. My big thumbs just don't get along with other touch screen keyboards.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

Manufacturers license swype so they can put them into their phones. The beta tests new versions and updates for swype, since you can updates apps that are packaged into the /system. This allows them to continue updating with a good group of people still using the newer versions.

jellybean420

Reaction score
This definitely better then 2.0.0 that rom was buggy! This one is snappy and actually usable haha1.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

compton

Reaction score
I have to agree 2.1.0 is a great rom.

One thing that is bothering me is I cannot enter silent mode using the down volume button. I can only get into vibrate mode. I've had this issue with some previous builds as well. Its small, but I use this feature quite a bit.

b-jammin21

Reaction score
I have to agree 2.1.0 is a great rom.

One thing that is bothering me is I cannot enter silent mode using the down volume button. I can only get into vibrate mode. I've had this issue with some previous builds as well. Its small, but I use this feature quite a bit.

Mine is the opposite. It will go to silent but no vibrate. That's okay with me though because I use quick settings for my volume anyway.

Sent from my Droid using my Droid

drpurp

Reaction score
Sadly, I'm disappointed with UltimateDroid recently. First I was sad in 2.0 when bluetooth was wonky. And now in 2.1 the bluetooth issue was finally resolved! I was so happy until it got worse: wifi no longer works. I've tried different kernels, tried wipes, and tried installing w/o wipe over 2.0. NOTHING. Is there any fix to this? =(