The Ultimate Droid 2.1.0 - Droid Only

donerico

Reaction score
Do we just put this over our present ROM, or do we have to do a wipe/clean of it first and start over?

I originally wiped data and cache and loaded the ROM all fresh and new like but my apps would not auto restore. So, my lazy ass flashed my 2.0 backup on and then reflashed 2.1.0 over top, no problems so far. :)

I am going to have to do this as well, this is the first time that my apps will not auto restore, I have flashed new ROMs hundreds of times before and I have never had this problem. Cleared market cache and data but the problem still persists. I have a Titanium backup but I like it when things work as they should.

pierced_droid

Reaction score
The only complaint I have right now is that my settings won't restore from Titanium. A lot of my apps restored but none of my e-mail accounts, bluetooth/wireless connections, etc, and I saw the Launcher Pro problem. meh... That sucks.

Don't know if answered already but Run Titanium And just restore Settings...

moneymaker19

Reaction score
Do we just put this over our present ROM, or do we have to do a wipe/clean of it first and start over?

I originally wiped data and cache and loaded the ROM all fresh and new like but my apps would not auto restore. So, my lazy ass flashed my 2.0 backup on and then reflashed 2.1.0 over top, no problems so far. :)

I had the same issue I would like to have a fresh wipe to get rid of the few buggs in 2.0 but the apps wont restore....

pierced_droid

Reaction score

I wiped three times installed then wiped again then let it boot. Restored App and Settings from Titanium Then Did a CW Backup. Then installed my kernel. I am working Super fast with no issues at allll :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

bigjonmoo73

Reaction score
Ok cool, I love updating and putting new things on my phone! Makes it feel like a new phone! :icon_ banana:dancedroid

calbrs04

Reaction score

I had the same issue I would like to have a fresh wipe to get rid of the few buggs in 2.0 but the apps wont restore....

I backed it up using the full backup under ud settings, then after I flashed 2.1 I did a full restore under UD settings and everything worked perfectly. Well at least the apps reloaded. I had to go back and change the settings.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Can anyone get their custom message to show up on the lockscreen?
The one you enable in Locations and security.

It displayed in 2.0 but it won't show up in 2.1.

markwebb

Reaction score
Well, I tried twice to use this ROM. I did a clean install, didn't like the missing app drawer and had a few other issues with Market and restoring apps. I then re-flashed my UD 2.0 stock backup and then flashed 2.1 over it.

It seemed to work well but my Launcher Pro settings won't stick and I can't even load my Launcher Pro backups.

I am going to re-flash my UD2.0 back up: it hummed and ran well for me.

I will make another attempt at this 2.1 when I have time to restore everything and get it working to the way I like it, if that is possible.

I really wasn't expecting these dramatic changes from 2.0 to 2.1. :(

Last edited:

segdoh49

Reaction score
Has anyone else had any issues with ADW? It disappeared from the market and won't let me load the one I have backed up
I'm having somewhat the same issues. I use ADW launcher as my primary and when I installed UD2.1 over UD 2.0 I am unable to use my ADW themes to update the launcher.. I'm afraid to uninstall the UD (ADW) launcher, until I install another launcher. But as far as the ADW launcher and the Market says I already have it installed. When I figure it all out I'll let you know.

Reaction score
Anyone got a link to the slayher kernels?

I Never complained about the call screen my guy...i always loved it...the first morning UD 2.0.0 came out i showed my girlfriend how different my phone looked and one feature i pointed out was the new call screen! we need dat back asap!

If you read the change log, it says it was taken out due to bugs. I am sure he is working on the bugs before releasing it again.

okay thanks for the info, didnt see that

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else had any issues with ADW? It disappeared from the market and won't let me load the one I have backed up
I'm having somewhat the same issues. I use ADW launcher as my primary and when I installed UD2.1 over UD 2.0 I am unable to use my ADW themes to update the launcher.. I'm afraid to uninstall the UD (ADW) launcher, until I install another launcher. But as far as the ADW launcher and the Market says I already have it installed. When I figure it all out I'll let you know.

This is based on adw, well, newer source code for adw, so it must be telling the market that it still is adw. You will have to install lp or zeam or another launcher.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

segdoh49

Reaction score

This is based on adw, well, newer source code for adw, so it must be telling the market that it still is adw. You will have to install lp or zeam or another launcher.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Then uninstall the UD (adw) launcher, then go back to the market and install 1.2.0 standalone.........is that what your saying ??? I tried to use Titanium, but somehow the UD(adw) launcher superimposed over that one.