The Ultimate Droid 1.0.0 - Droid 1 Only

tat2junior

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the info. I'm downloading now!

WOW!! Just put this on my phone and it is nice. My phone is really snappy and I love all the ways you can customize.

k0r

Reaction score
How do I actually switch the boot animations? I pressed Install on some of them but when I reboot they are still the same old one.

And what exactly is "Built-in Apps" and "Themed Apps" ? Because when I try to install something from either one of them the app doesn't show up even after a reboot.

djembeman

Reaction score
They work for me.

How do I actually switch the boot animations? I pressed Install on some of them but when I reboot they are still the same old one.

And what exactly is "Built-in Apps" and "Themed Apps" ? Because when I try to install something from either one of them the app doesn't show up even after a reboot.

I don't know... this all works for me. Built-in Apps are apps that you can install directly from the UD settings. As far as themed apps, I tried the Facebook one and wasn't sure what was different.

It sounds like something isn't working properly with your particular phone. I can change boot animations and install apps within' UD settings all day. Did you wipe data and cache? I also wipe the boot and system partitions before flashing a new Rom.

I really like GirlLovesDroid Method for flashing new ROMs:
LiQuID FroZeN YoGurT v1.6 (FRG22D BuILT FRoM SoUrCE!!! GeT iT FaST BeFoRE iT MeLTs!!!) - Page 8 - Android Forums

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Do you have Root Explorer?

k0r

Reaction score

I don't know... this all works for me. Built-in Apps are apps that you can install directly from the UD settings. As far as themed apps, I tried the Facebook one and wasn't sure what was different.

It sounds like something isn't working properly with your particular phone. I can change boot animations and install apps within' UD settings all day. Did you wipe data and cache? I also wipe the boot and system partitions before flashing a new Rom.

I really like GirlLovesDroid Method for flashing new ROMs:
LiQuID FroZeN YoGurT v1.6 (FRG22D BuILT FRoM SoUrCE!!! GeT iT FaST BeFoRE iT MeLTs!!!) - Page 8 - Android Forums
Yes I have tried that but still not working..

Do you have Root Explorer?

No, what is it and should I have it?

k0r

Reaction score
Ok I think I have found the problem, I tried installing some of the "built in apps" while on Wi-Fi and it worked. I have also noticed that I cant use Facebook on my normal phone internet connection either only wifi.. but the browser works fine? This is strange because any app that required internet/data worked for me on my previous rom (Sapphire)

edit; I am flashed to metropcs by the way

ejxi

Reaction score
Is there a fix to the LED issue yet? My led won't go on for notifications when my screen is turned off. I thought I read there was a fix coming? Anyone else having the same issue?

Other than that.... absolutely loving this rom. Have been on UD for a few months. Tried several other roms before. UD blows everyone else outta the water. ;)

zerodamage

Reaction score
I get random reboots with this ROM. It is better than all the other UD ROMS but this one randomly reboots.

mdgmcse

Reaction score
I get random reboots with this ROM. It is better than all the other UD ROMS but this one randomly reboots.

Unless the reboot coincides with a force close session, I have found that reboots have more to do with the kernel than the ROM itself. Have you tried just for troubleshooting purposes to install setCPU and run the rom at a lower CPU speed than the 1000 Ghz stock speed just to see if the reboots stop? Also, have you tried a slayher or chevy kernel? We discussed in some earlier posts some issues with the built in governor, so have you tried turning that off as well?

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yea it's got to be your kernel. I had one random reboot, but thats it, and probably just junk I was doing myself.

r1nstang

Reaction score
cant do anything in the market. Trying to download My backup pro so i can get all my apps back on the download got to 11% but now I just keep getting constant "A network error has occured retry or cancel" I cant cancel the download, cant get anything to come up when entering the market.

tried force closing market under manage apps, cleared data and cache. Im at work so signal isnt the greatest..but I used to be able to get on the market. even using WIFI no luck at all with it.

EDIT. got the connection issue figured out. but now I cant get swype to work., Keeps having unexpected errors. installed on phone, tried putting it in data/app and in system/app rebooted. still no luck. tried installing the swype version thats in the US extra..but that doesnt even show up after it says its running the command

edit again. all is well. new version of swype and im good to go

atcjeff

Reaction score
launcher resets after boot

Just installed UD1.0 last night. Have been tweeking it since then. I have noticed that each time I reboot I have to reset which launcher I want to use when I hit the home button. Not that big of a deal but I has never happened on any other rom before. And yes I did check the box to always use this launcher.

Edit: I just noticed that I have to reset my default launcher when I use the UD settings to change things. For example, changed my font and after the change when I backed out and hit the home button again I had to reset my default launcher.

Edit 2: I think I solved the problem. I had one of my launchers that I don't use anymore, GDE installed on the SD card. When it would load off the card it would clear the default launcher thinking it was just installed. I moved it back onto the phone and it fixed the issues.

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
It seems like everyone is having some kinda issue with this release. Not sure if I should switch over. =/

djembeman

Reaction score
It seems like everyone is having some kinda issue with this release. Not sure if I should switch over. =/

I'd say that it can't hurt to try. This is the best. ROM I've ever flashed!!!! Just Nandroid backup your current configuration and wipe data/cache, boot and system and go for it!! There has never been a Rom without problems. Most problems I've seen are user related.

r1nstang

Reaction score
ok so now that i got most everything running smoothly...Where are the UD live wallpapers. They were under the UD extras in settings menu...but they are not there this time.