The Ultimate Droid 1.0.0 - Droid 1 Only

iPhoneBlowz

Reaction score
This Rom is fantastic, for me, it´s the best looking. Swype does not work with this Rom, so I when back to Lithium Rom.

its included in the rom...

That's true, and the included version doesn't work as well as the version I already had.

If you are trying to install one of your beta versions you might try removing all your widgets and uninstalling swype's app and installer. Reboot and then try to install. Their support people told me that most install probs are caused by memory running low during the install process.

Don't ask me why they have a separate installer in addition to an apk file. I have an apk for it that matches my theme and that is all it takes me to install it. *shrugs*

Reaction score
its included in the rom...

That's true, and the included version doesn't work as well as the version I already had.

If you are trying to install one of your beta versions you might try removing all your widgets and uninstalling swype's app and installer. Reboot and then try to install. Their support people told me that most install probs are caused by memory running low during the install process.

Don't ask me why they have a separate installer in addition to an apk file. I have an apk for it that matches my theme and that is all it takes me to install it. *shrugs*

How did you get the themed apk? That's real cool.
And one thing I wanted to point out that btohers me a bit is the lockscreen...I think I liked it a lot better on UD8. But speaking as a whole, this ROM is so much nicer.

911junkie

Reaction score
Love the rom but slows down during the day and needs to be rebooted every 6-8 hrs to keep speed up. Using setcpu and slayer kernel. Disabled overclocking through UD settings.

Redraws associated with the slowdown as well.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Love the rom but slows down during the day and needs to be rebooted every 6-8 hrs to keep speed up. Using setcpu and slayer kernel. Disabled overclocking through UD settings.

Redraws associated with the slowdown as well.

Have you tried clearing the dalvik cache? That helped me ALOT!

joeydvdz

Reaction score
Loaded this bad boy up last night. It's amazing. Thanks, BD! You rule! And I thought UD8 was the shizz. Compared to 1.0.0 UD8 was like a toy!

frankieg22x

Reaction score
whats the procedure for applying a skin to swype?

I attempted it last night and it ended up working, but I have no idea how I did it. Everytime I apply the theme through MM it uninstalls swype.

jasonppp

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
use a file manager ie root explorer move the swype application from data/app/ to system/app and rename it swype.apk the get metamorph find sneeky_zeeky's post d/l the skin you want and run metamorph yay you just skinned swype<~~ that normal way

frankieg22x

Reaction score
thats how i originally tried and it didn't work. Everytime I apply the theme it deletes swype

Mr_A

Reaction score
So I've had this rom since it came out and it runs great but what used to be at least 17 hrs of battery life is now 10.. I'm not even using my Droid as much as before so I switched to a Chevy ulv 1.2ghz kernel and still my battery sucks any suggestions? I also deleted twitter and facebook so I have no extra programs running in the background.

Sent from my Droid

jasonppp

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
thats how i originally tried and it didn't work. Everytime I apply the theme it deletes swype

after done move back to data/app if still missing reinstall the apk the one you modified

i also heard instead of move to system/app copy to and rename swype then make changes rename to whatever it was and copy back to original location overwriting original

jasonppp

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
So I've had this rom since it came out and it runs great but what used to be at least 17 hrs of battery life is now 10.. I'm not even using my Droid as much as before so I switched to a Chevy ulv 1.2ghz kernel and still my battery sucks any suggestions? I also deleted twitter and facebook so I have no extra programs running in the background.

Sent from my Droid

try different kernels if you want battery life then you dont want over 1ghz kernel and dont just try chevey kernels. all of devs got some really good kernels out. i cant recall when chevy last revamped his kernels but his last update he said all he did was pull updated source and build again. so no dramatic changes were done. alot of newer kernels support compcache i hear that is also improving battery life for people.

IamFuzzles

Reaction score

Sent from my Droid

try different kernels if you want battery life then you dont want over 1ghz kernel and dont just try chevey kernels. all of devs got some really good kernels out. i cant recall when chevy last revamped his kernels but his last update he said all he did was pull updated source and build again. so no dramatic changes were done. alot of newer kernels support compcache i hear that is also improving battery life for people.

I'm sure it's out there somewhere, but I was wondering what exactly is compcache?