The Ultimate Android Dock

monsterman

Reaction score
Ok, I am new here and this is actually my first post. I was searching the forums here for a few days now and I saw people making their own docks. Looking at those interesting Lego docks I decided to try my hand at the same basic idea. Not having any real Lego's I chose to use Better Blocks (some of you might remember seeing them on TV several years ago). I have the Glow in the Dark ones, and they turned out to make a very cool looking dock complete with little Androids. Little Androids?¿? Yes I said little Androids. Check out my pix below.

I had some small Neodymium magnets and as it turns out they were the right size (almost) to fit into one of the blocks. I had to make the hole in the block slightly larger using a 15/64" drill bit. Also you will see I left a channel for the power cord to run through the back and up to the droid. Ok i'll stop talking now and let you see the pix. Enjoy!

2j30b9h.jpg

21nfub4.jpg

33a77kz.jpg

2a5dwn5.jpg

---------------------------
Glow in the dark (Litghts in room off)
2vkmis8.jpg

10wjrqg.jpg

---------------------------
rs5xm1.jpg

Sorry about the fuzzy pix. I couldn't use the flash because it created a major glare on the blocks.
:greendroid:

cuskit

Reaction score
Cool! That's awesome with the glow in the dark! Very innovative! I love how creative it has been here with those making their own docks! Motorola should have supplied everyone with a set of Lego (or Better Blocks) along with their Droid! :)

I'm thinking we should have a contest to see who creates the most interesting dock using this type of construction!

I'd be more than willing to donate a MIKRADLE to the winner, if any of the Mods can set up the contest here on the forums!

How about it? Any Moderators listening? :) mike :)