1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

The Ultimate Android Dock

Discussion in 'Android Accessories' started by monsterman, Mar 7, 2010.

1. monsterman

monsterman New Member

Ok, I am new here and this is actually my first post. I was searching the forums here for a few days now and I saw people making their own docks. Looking at those interesting Lego docks I decided to try my hand at the same basic idea. Not having any real Lego's I chose to use Better Blocks (some of you might remember seeing them on TV several years ago). I have the Glow in the Dark ones, and they turned out to make a very cool looking dock complete with little Androids. Little Androids?¿? Yes I said little Androids. Check out my pix below.

I had some small Neodymium magnets and as it turns out they were the right size (almost) to fit into one of the blocks. I had to make the hole in the block slightly larger using a 15/64" drill bit. Also you will see I left a channel for the power cord to run through the back and up to the droid. Ok i'll stop talking now and let you see the pix. Enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ---------------------------
    Glow in the dark (Litghts in room off)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ---------------------------
    [​IMG]

Sorry about the fuzzy pix. I couldn't use the flash because it created a major glare on the blocks.
    :greendroid:
  2. cisco0910

cisco0910 New Member

Good job man. Nice work. Looks cool
  3. blackjoker4215

blackjoker4215 New Member

That is amazing! Great job.
  4. drivinfocused

drivinfocused New Member

very cool...... great job.... +1 for glow in the dark!
  5. cuskit

cuskit New Member

Cool! That's awesome with the glow in the dark! Very innovative! I love how creative it has been here with those making their own docks! Motorola should have supplied everyone with a set of Lego (or Better Blocks) along with their Droid! :)

I'm thinking we should have a contest to see who creates the most interesting dock using this type of construction!

I'd be more than willing to donate a MIKRADLE to the winner, if any of the Mods can set up the contest here on the forums!

How about it? Any Moderators listening? :) mike :)
Search tags for this page
android dock -ipod -iphone -ipad

android dock applications

android dock apps
droid ultimate use droid x dock?
what is the best android dock
what is the clock when docked on android 4.0