The UD 2 Bug Thread (if u have any)

Diordna

Reaction score
Help!

I wiped everything for a clean start at 2.0 and unlike the last UD everything said it was still downloading on the market from my last install, then 2.0 has nothing in the market and all the paid apps I paid for are not paid anymore! I have to buy them again (which I'm not of course) but is there something I should do with the market?

There are a couple of things you can do, or should I say should have done... First Do you have a good full Nandroid backup from you last Rom ?
I assume you came from UD 1.0 right ???? Anyways
If you do have a full backup I suggest you restore it. It will have all your user data. What I usually do is before I install a new rom is I make two backups a full nandroid backup and just a data backup. Then when I install the new rom after wiping everythin 3+ times I install the new rom and before I reboot I I restore the data only the reboot. I worked really well when I went from UD 8 to UD 1.0.
If you don't like that proceedure I sugges you spen a couple of buck and get Titanium backup from the market.Cheers

It's all good, I do have titanium backup and stuff and nandroid backup. But it's going great now and this ROM is sick.

And people need to stop complaining about the overscrolling, it isn't something to cry about it's pretty cool. A toggle would of been wise for the devs idk what they were thinking, they added millions of other random features but not a toggle for this. But still it's pretty cool.
Just want the 3D scrolling to work but it's not hard to survive without it I guess.. for now.

MoDmAnDaN

Reaction score
And people need to stop complaining about the overscrolling, it isn't something to cry about it's pretty cool. A toggle would of been wise for the devs idk what they were thinking, they added millions of other random features but not a toggle for this. But still it's pretty cool.
Just want the 3D scrolling to work but it's not hard to survive without it I guess.. for now.

I totally agree with you! I personally like this feature and it has not caused one problem for me!

I have also never used 3D scrolling in LauncherPro and I guess that's why??

Anyways...as far as UD 2? It is the fastest best running ROM I have ever run! Sure it has some minor problems, what ROM is 100% perfect? NONE!!

Diordna

Reaction score
It's a nifty treat:

And is there a way to customize the notification pull-down buttons? Thats a sweet feature and clever, but needs customizing. Thanks if there is and I didn't look in it enough.

Also a complaint would be in the power widget, (I love the different options for it btw) but the one in particular that makes the screen bypass the lock screen, that only works for so long and some reason it turns off on it's own..

I like that better than having MyLock always on.
MyLock can be slowish sometimes.

I also love how I can set it to when it is on the lock screen you can just press the menu button to unlock it, it's awesome.

vrdubin6

Reaction score
It's a nifty treat:

And is there a way to customize the notification pull-down buttons? Thats a sweet feature and clever, but needs customizing. Thanks if there is and I didn't look in it enough.

Settings>UD>UI> then there is a notification power widget toggle and button selection.

911junkie

Reaction score
I had to load up something else because of the Bluetooth. The car and voice dialing worked great. However the streaming audio did not work at all. Since I work out often and rely on the music to keep me going it's not going to work.

I'll be waiting for an update/patch so I can continue on with my ROM of choice. Till then liquid 1.95 will take over the duties.

vrdubin6

Reaction score
I have been having horrible battery life with UD2, so I looked at the battery usage and Android OS has the largest percentage of battery consumption. Also, when I look at battery history it shows the device has been running 100% of time.

I have the same apps (very few) that I had with UD1, yet this wasn't an issue then and I had great battery life. I have taken all the widgets off of my home screen and the issue is persisting.

It kinda seems like doing another clean install is the best bet for a cure... anyone else have any ideas or the same experience?

EDIT: Did another clean install and the issue is persisting. Full charge, unplugged the phone, and 30 minutes later and it has dropped to 90% and Android OS has used 50%. Frustrating and I can't figure out a fix.

Last edited:

dodgersrgood

Reaction score
launcher pro didnt install on the restore so i deleted the one from system/app thinking that it would instal fine after that but now it still wont install and i have no launcher pro.. how do i get it back?

Flowah

Reaction score
My notification LED just seems to never blink. It just stays on, and I have a sneaking suspicion it kills my battery life. I've tried different settings for it under UD settings. Fast, Slow, Normal. Doesn't seem to make a lick of difference.

vrdubin6

Reaction score
I have been having horrible battery life with UD2, so I looked at the battery usage and Android OS has the largest percentage of battery consumption. Also, when I look at battery history it shows the device has been running 100% of time.

I have the same apps (very few) that I had with UD1, yet this wasn't an issue then and I had great battery life. I have taken all the widgets off of my home screen and the issue is persisting.

It kinda seems like doing another clean install is the best bet for a cure... anyone else have any ideas or the same experience?

EDIT: Did another clean install and the issue is persisting. Full charge, unplugged the phone, and 30 minutes later and it has dropped to 90% and Android OS has used 50%. Frustrating and I can't figure out a fix.

UPDATE: If I take out the SD card everything goes back to normal. Put it back in and Android OS shoots right back up. I formatted the card and it still does the same thing. My mind is boggled. :icon_eek:

doublea500

Reaction score
the lockscreen when music is playing. i have 3 music apps (cuz i have stock, and 2 others cuz i wanna:D) and the lockscreen first of all is deformed, the back and next are ontop of eachother. and the lock screen doesnt know what app to use like ever, and it keeps switching

smtom

Reaction score
Anyone know if there is a setting (I cannot find it if there is one) to designate a dialer key as a speed dial from contacts/people where when you long-press an assigned number in the dialer, it speed-dials the contact phone number assigned?

If that capability isn't built in 'natively' in the ROM, can anyone recommend an app that does that? I checked the market, and the speed dialer apps I found (the free ones anyway) are not integrated into the dialer.

Many thanks in advance for the guidance/advice.

kingpg

Reaction score
@smtom - Please stay on topic...

As for bugs I don't have enough time to check through the thread but my backlight for the keyboard does not function at all. Would be nice to use my physical keyboard in darkness

Sniper_5

Reaction score
Not really a bug but I've only ever experienced this on this ROM. When I attempt to check compcache stats in terminal emulator I get the following message: stats: not typewriter, Wtf is this? if I attempt the compcache start command I get rebooted. Any thoughts?

Sent from my D1 on UD1.0 @ 1Ghz

anuraj1

Reaction score

Sniper_5

Reaction score
My bad lol, thanks. I assumed it was running because I used to get an error in te when looking up the stats if it wasn't. Couldn't figure out why it was saying not a typewriter. Thanks again.

Sent from my D1 on UD1.0 @ 1Ghz