The Turing Phone Combines Excellent Security and Enhanced Physical Toughness

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
turing-phone.jpg

For a while things were getting a bit stale in the smartphone industry, but there have been a few innovations to shake up the status quo this year. One of the most intriguing new examples of this is the new Turing Phone, from Turing Robotic Industries.

As you can see from the image above, this new entrant into the smartphone arena isn't afraid to try out a bold new aesthetic design for the device. Luckily, this new device isn't just a pretty face. There are two notable characteristics of this smartphone which go beyond skin deep.

The first is that the device is designed to be more secure than your average smartphone. The Turing Phone includes built-in server-free encrypted communication between owners. It also includes a fingerprint reader that encourages you to lock down your device, and an Apple-like magnetic charging system.

The other slick feature of The Turing Phone is that it is designed to be tougher and more damage resistant than your average device. It is made of a material called Liquidmorphium that is supposedly stronger than steel or titanium.

Here's the rest of the internal specs:
  • 5.5-inch FHD display
  • Snapdragon 801
  • 3GB of RAM
  • 13MP rear camera
  • 8-megapixel front camera
  • 64GB or 128GB of storage
  • Includes broad support for North American and European LTE band radios
The Turing Phone will ship on August 10th, and ell for $740 unlocked in 64GB form, or $870 for a 128GB version. Sound off and let us know what you think of this unusual and elegant new Android gladiator.

Source: Turing

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Here's another picture:

200981.jpg

I like the way it looks.

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
I like the way it looks too. It'll be interesting to see damage tests done of it on YouTube. I Googled liquidmorphium and the only results I seem to get back are aimed at this phone...which means it was either created specifically for the product, or it's a bunch of BS.

Either way, I'm sure we'll all know in due time.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I like the way it looks as well, but anything with sharp edges usually doesn't feel real good in the hands. What this does have going for it is that the back seems to be at an angle at the top and bottom such that it would be feeling more rounded from top to bottom in the hand than square. This also looks like it's facilitates the speaker which would normally lay flat on the table in this type of design from being blocked because the speaker is on the angled portion of the top. I don't see a purpose for the angled portion at the bottom on the back, but perhaps there's something there that didn't show up in the images. I wonder where the finger print reader is?