The truth about the htc rezound

Simon_y7

Reaction score
Well it looks like the secret is out, many articles now being written about the hidden global radios in this great Rezound. I have not received any credit for starting the investigations into this, although, I submitted my original question about the radios I wrote on this forum to some of the reporting agencies like Engadget, Android Central and Phone Scoop, just to name a few. That's o.k. though! I just wanted it looked into. But it would have been nice for them to give a little acknowledgement. Anyway I love my Rezound more than ever. I just hope the Quad Cores won't still my love.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Thank you for starting to investigate this. Now I wish someone took Rezound outside the US and tested it's "globaleness" there.

itchn2go

Reaction score
I might be wrong but I thought LTE was a GSM based service so if i am correct then all LTE phones have a GSM radio and are world phones. They just need the ability to connect.

josebryan

Reaction score
rezound rocks!!!!

I will try unlocked..and I let you know if worked with any gsm sim card

nocaldawg

Reaction score
WHY would Verizon hide this feature. Don't you sell more items when you advertise all the features?!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

jeffe65

Reaction score
Verizon (and most all of the carriers) don't make money on the phones they sell, they make it on the monthly fees/charges for services. If you change your SIM card and use another carrier, that may tempt you to leave them. You didn't think they'd let you go without a fight, did you?

duffertom

Reaction score
Can I get that phone number from you for teh right tech support peple? Thanks, Tom
You have to call verizon wireless global support because they're the only ones that will give you the unlock code and explain how to do it. I can provide that number to anybody who needs it but you should be able to type global when dialing and it'll pop up. All you do is tell them that you're going to be going on a cruise or leaving the country soon and you will have to use another sim card in it and they will help you out. I used to do this with my blackberry storm 2, before coming to HTC with the thunderbolt.

zrxoa1

Reaction score
Any updates? Is it possible to get the unlock code from Verizon Global like on the Storms?

HowardZ

Reaction score
I have read about the CON ROM for those on the latest ICS leak, that during installation One chooses cdma/LTE or GSM. If one chooses GSM, then only GSM will work, and work very well. If one chooses LTE, then one can get limited GSM via the hidden menu like on stock GB or ICS.

I have NOT read about successfully being able to switch between LTE and GSM just by switching sim card and settings changes, and have everything work: voice sms, and data.

Yes, it seems the hardware can do it, but the SW needs improving.

regards

Howard

Last edited:

mike7728

Reaction score
HowardZ said:
I have read about the CON ROM for those on the latest ICS leak, that during installation One chooses cdma/LTE or GSM. If one chooses GSM, then only GSM will work, and work very well. If one chooses LTE, then one can get limited GSM via the hidden menu like on stock GB or ICS.

I have NOT read about successfully being able to switch between LTE and GSM just by switching sim card and settings changes, and have everything work: voice sms, and data.

Yes, it seems the hardware can do it, but the SW needs improving.

regards

Howard

I thought the GSM update was coming with the ics ota,I'm running the latest leak,with no GSM option on mine

HowardZ

Reaction score
I thought the GSM update was coming with the ics ota,I'm running the latest leak,with no GSM option on mine

I have not tried CONROM yet. It is a ROM some people are installing on top of thelatest ICS leak. It is supposed to have a GSM option during its installation.

mike7728

Reaction score
Does it only give u GSM capability,or does it let u personalize also?