The time has come...

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
The time has come to put my original droid on the retirement path, I'm officially eligible for an upgrade as of today but I want to know what the best site is to upgrade...

I'm about 90% sure I'm getting the gnex but the rezound is my second choice so I want to know how well thier return policy is and if there are better prices and I want to get an extended battery too...

So far I've seen $230 on Amazon and newegg and $300 on verizons site and I'm not sure of Amazon and neweggs return policy but I know verizon has 15 days where you can return it for a different device although you might get hit with a restocking fee
Also how do other sites handle activating the 4g sim card? (don't currently have 4g here but probably will soon)...

So anyone have any info or tips, btw I have to renew my contract since I have unlimited data and don't want to lose it...

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I've got a tip. If you liked your OG as much as I did, GET A NEXUS. :biggrin:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
you really can't go wrong with any of the current phones out. You gotta check them out and see which one you like the best though.

I have to agree with pat though, the Nexus gives the same sort of experience as the OG Droid. And I'm sure you've heard of the bad radios, but if you're in a good coverage area then you shouldn't have any problems. I have a launch day Nexus and not a single problem with it.

OP
metalspring

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
well im pretty sure im getting a nexus lol, but what i was really wondering is what are good places to get the phone online for a good price and what are the return policies like and if they might possibly mess up my unlimited data...(i know going through verizon officially wont change my data plan)

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
well im pretty sure im getting a nexus lol, but what i was really wondering is what are good places to get the phone online for a good price and what are the return policies like and if they might possibly mess up my unlimited data...(i know going through verizon officially wont change my data plan)
Can't help you there. Got mine on release day as well.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Heard nothing but good things from Amazon. I think Wirefly was the other one?

JosephWoods

Reaction score
I would recommend HTC desire as you would get more battery life and a new version of OS.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Congrats on getting an upgrade metalspring. Check out Best Buy too. I got mine from VZW the morning of release, so I dont know how the others work.

adampalooza

Reaction score
I say go amazon. I ordered my maxx from them. All phones have free two shipping and lower prices than retail stores. You have the regular 14 days after receiving and activating to return it. I contacted them to do a return/swap for the nexus and they paid for return shipping for the maxx (and no rush...I got to use the maxx til the nexus showed up and 30 days to ship it back to them after I received the new one).

The price and customer service are worth the two day shipping time