The Thunderbolt battery issues are overblown

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
MrKleen

MrKleen

Reaction score
guys first off please stop insulting one another. I don't want to have to give out any infractions and/or timeouts.

Secondly, there is a VERY real issue with battery life for many people. Look around the internet and you will see all the complaints. I could list 10 links to various sites that discuss this. You have to understand that people while you may not have any issues w/ battery there is a majority of people that are having the problem.

Turning off LTE and dimming the screen to barely visible levels is not going to fly with people that spent their hard earned money on this device.

So please be tolerant........

This will be the last warning for those wishing to continue insulting those that have issues.

Thank you

Just out of curiosity, isn't there a tech support forum for the thunderbolt on here.... Shouldn't people with problems be posting them to that maybe? When I come on to the forums I'm looking for posts that say something about new features or cool new things you can do with this awesome phone... Instead I see a hundred threads about the same issue. How many threads do we need to let us know some people are having a battery problem? I'm supposing u are a moderator by your above post so I ask you this, shouldn't you be more concerned with the multiple threads for the same issue ( deterring forum members from enjoying the forums) than with a few people that called some one a name. While I don't condone the name calling, I feel the multi thread issue is a somewhat bigger concern. Just MHO.

ThunderBolt- non rooted (for now)

Excuse me... I started this thread and it was to point out that the battery life was good. My experience is very positive so far. And threads like this are exactly what this place needs. It shows that while there are people with problems , there are also people that are not having the same issues. That let's peopleknow they have a bad phone and that there is hope they can get a good one!

If people don't like reading threads they should stop reading them. There is plenty of threads out there for everyone.

meekless

Reaction score
I havent had one issue yet

i may not play as much games, or surf as much internet, or make as many calls and send as many texts as some, but i use my Thunderbolt a good deal throughout the day including listening to music for about 2-3 hours and at the end of the day when im going to bed, my battery still had about 25% left

and that was unplugged from 7AM - about 1130PM

I AM LOVING THIS PHONE!!
minus the bloatware

cpjr

Reaction score
Well currently been off charge for 7 hours, light usage I guess, several phone calls, several txts and some playing games.....and Im at 70% now.

PS- Brightness is set to AUTO, everything still syncs automatically but only every 3 hours, 4G is on, so is gps and wifi.

Last edited:

want a droid

Reaction score
MrKleen in your 18 hours of unplugged with 50% left, what is your screen on time?

If it is more than 1 hour then congratulations you are one lucky consumer as no other thunderbolts can last more than ten hours if you're actually using your phone.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

ANGERisMYgift

Reaction score
guys first off please stop insulting one another. I don't want to have to give out any infractions and/or timeouts.

Secondly, there is a VERY real issue with battery life for many people. Look around the internet and you will see all the complaints. I could list 10 links to various sites that discuss this. You have to understand that people while you may not have any issues w/ battery there is a majority of people that are having the problem.

Turning off LTE and dimming the screen to barely visible levels is not going to fly with people that spent their hard earned money on this device.

So please be tolerant........

This will be the last warning for those wishing to continue insulting those that have issues.

Thank you

Just out of curiosity, isn't there a tech support forum for the thunderbolt on here.... Shouldn't people with problems be posting them to that maybe? When I come on to the forums I'm looking for posts that say something about new features or cool new things you can do with this awesome phone... Instead I see a hundred threads about the same issue. How many threads do we need to let us know some people are having a battery problem? I'm supposing u are a moderator by your above post so I ask you this, shouldn't you be more concerned with the multiple threads for the same issue ( deterring forum members from enjoying the forums) than with a few people that called some one a name. While I don't condone the name calling, I feel the multi thread issue is a somewhat bigger concern. Just MHO.

Excuse me... I started this thread and it was to point out that the battery life was good. My experience is very positive so far. And threads like this are exactly what this place needs. It shows that while there are people with problems , there are also people that are not having the same issues. That let's peopleknow they have a bad phone and that there is hope they can get a good one!

If people don't like reading threads they should stop reading them. There is plenty of threads out there for everyone.

Umm ... Yeah I think you misunderstand what I am saying. This thread isn't the problem, the problem is the 100 threads complaining about battery issues.. those threads should be in tech support threads not general. If I've got an issue with my Droid common sense tells me to check tech support to post my issue.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
how about we put all the battery complaint threads into the one battery thread and then people won't have to read this stuff over and over and over...its like ten people on here complaining and for some reason its all they know how to do........I unplugged my phone six hours ago and am at 77 percent

sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using droid forums app

I've tried. And tried. And tried again.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ht...gh-battery-saving-tips-im-using-my-phone.html

And we will close this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.