The Thunderbolt battery issues are overblown

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlipCpt45

Reaction score
If its worse than the D1 even with slower components, they need to start working on battery technology rather than faster components. I don't want my quad core android device to last just 2 hours on a single charge, then say its just because of the faster components.. ya know? lol

DaveB722

Reaction score
This might sound mean, but I think its dumb to go to bed and not charge your phone at night. Seriously, thats what I do, just let it charge while your sleeping. I wake up and have 100%.

I agree. Alot of people post on here state that they don't charge it overnight and im not sure why you would do that. Then they complain about the battery. My rooted d1 would drain overnight as well. Guess im just curious why people dont charge at night? Anyone? By the way i get 16+ hours on my battery each day. I'm happy with that.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

blinden

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel2 XL
I dunno, when I had a blackberry, I could get 3 days out of it,switched to the droid, typically about 30 hours, now, on the TB, I had it fully charged at 11pm last night, it was drained and off by 8 am this morning, no wifi and the phone shouldn't have been doing anything weird last night, it should have easily lasted.

D1, if I went to bed with 15% battery, it would still have life left in the morning for the alarm.

Correct... You can't expect this battery to last for 3 days. But if you compare it to the Droid X you will be happy.

A phone like this is a whole new ballgame compared to the old phones.

You should know better than to go to bed with 15 percent battery without charging. Does that really make sense in any way?

Doesn't change the fact, no phone is going to be fully useful with a 9 hour battery drain on full charge with no user action. I'm going to tell you right now I'll be away from a charger for more then 9 hours on a regular basis.

I didn't go to bed with a 15% charge, I said it was fully charged. I said the D1 could make it overnight with 15%, and that never gave me any problems, I've had more

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
This might sound mean, but I think its dumb to go to bed and not charge your phone at night. Seriously, thats what I do, just let it charge while your sleeping. I wake up and have 100%.

+1

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

F

FlyFishinX2

I must say that I am extremely happy with my phone also . I can get at least 18 hours out of a charge on moderate use. all you have to do is change a few settings then you will be okay ..these people on here complaining all day are pathetic

sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using droid forums app

excuses for human beings

Wow. You're an idiot. Out of the box this thing died in 5-6 hours, don't kid yourself. I, along with a host of others, find that totally unacceptable. Only after rooting, getting rid of all the crap ware, and disabling the htc widgets was I able to get it to last all day.

I'm an idiot for tweaking my phone and getting 18 hours out of a charge ?.I'm not the only person on here that gets 18 hours. maybe you're an idiot for even posting here,,,,,,,,,I'm sick of reading this battery is no good blah blah crap ,,,take your damn phones back and get a flip phone if you want the charge to last 3 days

F

FlyFishinX2

I dunno, when I had a blackberry, I could get 3 days out of it,switched to the droid, typically about 30 hours, now, on the TB, I had it fully charged at 11pm last night, it was drained and off by 8 am this morning, no wifi and the phone shouldn't have been doing anything weird last night, it should have easily lasted.

D1, if I went to bed with 15% battery, it would still have life left in the morning for the alarm.

Correct... You can't expect this battery to last for 3 days. But if you compare it to the Droid X you will be happy.

You should know better than to go to bed with 15 percent battery without charging. Does that really make sense in any way?

Doesn't change the fact, no phone is going to be fully useful with a 9 hour battery drain on full charge with no user action. I'm going to tell you right now I'll be away from a charger for more then 9 hours on a regular basis.

I didn't go to bed with a 15% charge, I said it was fully charged. I said the D1 could make it overnight with 15%, and that never gave me any problems, I've had more

if you're not smart enough to make adjustments that make the battery last take the phone back !!

veedubsky

Reaction score
I can only agree. I feel that the battery issue is definitely blown up bigger then it should be. Of course the battery is going to drain fast in the beginning because people can’t put the thing down. Then I also think it’s a placebo effect. People keep reading reading reading the battery this and that and when the battery drains maybe slightly faster then their OG Droid or other phone they came from they panic.

-Dubsky

blinden

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel2 XL

if you're not smart enough to make adjustments that make the battery last take the phone back !!

so, to get his straight, you just go around calling people idiots and making snide remarks, the whole while not really knowing the backgrounds of the people you are talking to?

If you can't see the perspective that not everyone wants to make changes to things and products should work the way the manufacturer releases them, which, as yet, this product does not to my satisfaction.

Unlike a large number of the people that have them, I actually need a smartphone for work, I would love to not have to carry a large inefficient phone, but, it's not in the cards, in fact, the only reason I replaced the D1 was because it died last weekend.

F

FlyFishinX2

so, to get his straight, you just go around calling people idiots and making snide remarks, the whole while not really knowing the backgrounds of the people you are talking to?

If you can't see the perspective that not everyone wants to make changes to things and products should work the way the manufacturer releases them, which, as yet, this product does not to my satisfaction.

Unlike a large number of the people that have them, I actually need a smartphone for work, I would love to not have to carry a large inefficient phone, but, it's not in the cards, in fact, the only reason I replaced the D1 was because it died last weekend.

I did not call you an idiot but I still say stop your damn complaining and TAKE THE PHONE BACK ! what is it with people that feel the need to be so negative and do nothing but complain ? This forum is full of people like that.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
I think people insulting one another is not gonna help anyone. a link to show how to improve battery life is a better alternative. If the tweaks won't improve battery life, then the phone might be DOA. Either return it or exchange it.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

F

FlyFishinX2

[the only reason I replaced the D1 was because it died last weekend.[/QUOTE]

so you have 14 days to return the TBOLT to vzw from the time of purchase. Maybe you could get a blackberry since they're so great and you can get 3 days on a charge out of them ....my money says you won't and you still be here complaining next weekend because that's what you like to do

Dxun

Reaction score

People are doing some testing right now. At 1st my phone would drop 70% overnight. After a few days it stopped doing that. Phone started lasting as long as my old DroidX. Rooted and installed a rom last night, and added the seido extended battery, and I'm back to square 1 again.

I think these batteries just need some time to adjust.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

PatrickJ

Reaction score
I'm good with it too but I did do the following:

Phone info: toggle 3g/4g <4g off>
Screen timeout - 30 seconds
Display - around 30%

Status
Not open for further replies.