The stock music app - a really dumb question

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Well, I tried that. The check box for "call audio" was checked but the other wasn't. When I checked it, it said "connecting" over and over again but wouldn't connect. I'm beginning to think it's a phone blutooth problem.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
That would make a bit more sense to me than a music app not working over Bluetooth.

Maybe "forget" the car (and the phone on the car side if possible) & repair them?

The stock music app played over the stereo prior to all of this?

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
No. Since I switched to the GS5, it never worked.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I see in the comments there that one guy had luck by clearing Bluetooth info on the car stereo. My suggestion of forgetting each device on the other might still be worth a shot in addition to clearing cache/data on the phone side like that article suggests.

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
I'll try that. But it seems after googling that a lot of other people are having the same problem. I'll try these fixes tonight but if they don't work, I'll go back to Best Buy in the morning and yell at them LOL..

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
My sister in law had similar issues with her first phone and a Honda. It took a few times of clearing the connection from the phones settings and the cars settings and I was finally able to get her phone. And car to pair correctly and phone audio and music came through the car stereo.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
I've cleared everything but my throat. Still no luck. I've just downloaded "Bluetooth Auto Connect" from the store. Going to try that.

MattE303

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
there's something dodgy about music over Bluetooth on the S5, I've had a problem with very brief "glitches" or dropouts with this phone since I got it. Did not have this issue with my S3. Only happens over bluetooth and it doesn't matter if the song files are local or streaming. I tried *everything*, cache clearing, repairing, FDR's etc. etc. The problem occurs with all bluetooth devices and multiple apps, and those same devices and apps are fine with other phones. The frequency of the problem varies greatly from day to day, sometimes it goes for quite a while without happening, until I think some OS, app update or other change may have fixed it, but at this point I've given up and will just live with it until I get a different phone.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Very strange indeed. I connect to 4 different BT devices and all work great on my S5. Sounds like you've tried everything I would suggest, so unfortunately I have nothing else to add.
Hopefully someone will have a suggestion we haven't thought of yet.
Good luck!

S5 tap'n

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
I'm taking the car in Wednesday morning to have them check out the software. I hope they have a fix. I have no reason (yet) to think a GS6 would be any better. My gut tells me this is a Samsung OS problem. But no one seems to know anything for sure. Very frustrating.

MattE303

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
I'm taking the car in Wednesday morning to have them check out the software. I hope they have a fix. I have no reason (yet) to think a GS6 would be any better. My gut tells me this is a Samsung OS problem. But no one seems to know anything for sure. Very frustrating.

I think so too. Fortunately for me, Samsung made sure I wouldn't buy an S6 by deciding that making the phone 1mm thinner was more important than having an SD slot or a decent battery design. I'm hearing that the LG G4 is an excellent phone with a camera that easily rivals the S6's.

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
I may need to get my GS4 back...*sigh*...what a drag