The stock music app - a really dumb question

MattE303

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
And that is the biggest difference. I like to OWN my music. I don't want to pay *any* amount for the rest of my life. Someday... like when (if) I retire I assume I am going to want to cut expenses. I suppose you guys will move to Pandora Free then. :D
I know what you're saying, I think hard before getting sucked into anything where you pay a monthly fee, but in this case (for my wife and I at least) it really made sense given what we were spending on CD's and how we like to listen to music. Man, I sure hope if I ever actually get to retire that I'll still be able to afford my GPMAA sub, along with a steady supply of Maker's Mark :D

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Right on. And I'm obviously not opposed to the idea or I would have fought my wife on the Spotify subscription. :D
She had Slacker before and switched to Spotify.

MattE303

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
As the staff member involved in this discussion, I'd say we're ok to go Off Topic in this thread, since the OP found a solution that works for him. ;)
:cool:

That's one thing I'm curious about, but won't dare risk losing my lower monthly price to find out. You can download songs right to your device for offline listening, but I wonder what happens to them when you no longer pay the monthly fee.
I have no doubt whatsoever that those localized tracks would disappear if you cancelled your sub!

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Well, there's a huge problem. It's a great player BUT it won't connect in my car and play through the car stereo. The car screen says "no blutooth device selected". What does that mean? Where do I select it? The phone works fine on blutooth. *sigh* back to the drawing board.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Well, there's a huge problem. It's a great player BUT it won't connect in my car and play through the car stereo. The car screen says "no blutooth device selected". What does that mean? Where do I select it? The phone works fine on blutooth. *sigh* back to the drawing board.
So your phone connects to the car through bluetooth but the app you are using for music does not play over blue tooth? That seems odd. Which one did you decide to try? I forgot, and it might be in one of tour posts.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I have never heard of a music player app that will not play over a blue tooth connection. Can your phone play music over blue tooth to your car using any other app? I would also be a little concerned about all the reviews for that app that state "annoying, persistent ads".

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
I've deleted it and downloaded another 1/2 dozen music apps. Only two so far have "exit" features. I'll have to test those in the car. If they won't play in the car, they're useless.

PS: I don't mind the ads. I'd be happy to pay for a full version player that actually works.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Media Monkey damnit. :) There's an option to have it exit the notify tray automatically after xx seconds.

TapaTurbo

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Well I downloaded another 1/2 dozen players. I only chose the ones that had an "exit" feature. I tried every one of them in the car and NONE of them would play. I get this error on the car screen and have no clue what it means.

Attachments

• wont.play.jpg
    wont.play.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 171
OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Just tried media monkey. Same thing. No exit and won't play in the car.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Well I downloaded another 1/2 dozen players. I only chose the ones that had an "exit" feature. I tried every one of them in the car and NONE of them would play. I get this error on the car screen and have no clue what it means.
Silly question, but you do have the phone connected, right? What does it say on the phone in the Bluetooth menu? Do you get the message on the phone that certain audio is routed to the (device name in the car)?

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Yes the phone is connected. In the blutooth, it says connected to "My Car". And it is. I can make calls through the phone but when I try to play music, I get that error message.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
If you got into the Bluetooth menu on the phone & tap the gear icon next to "my car", do you have something like this? If so, try selecting media audio.
3a4e17dcb489dfa554d1d8618ac5de31.jpg