The Snapdragon 810 vs The Snapdragon 820

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

The Snapdragon 810 was a bit of a joke last year. With it's 8 core set up it really had a hard time keeping a handle on things. Overheating was a major issue. Qualcomm is hoping we can let bygones be bygones and move forward to the future of mobile processing alongside them.

What are the main differences between the 810 and the 820, and what makes the 820 so much better, you may be asking yourself. The biggest difference is that Qualcomm has decided to go back to the quad core setup and leave the octa-core setup behind. The 820 with 4 cores is still quicker than its older cousin with 8 cores. The all new Kyro CPU will perform at two times the rate of the 810 thanks to Heterogenous Computing.

HC allows phones to better utilize the cores available while keeping things much more efficient. There is also what Qualcomm refers to as the "low power island." This feature allows your phone to hibernate while not in use saving battery life. Are you as excited to use this chip in upcoming phones like I am?

via Qualcomm

boidsonly

Reaction score
I, for one, am looking forward to this chip in a new phone from one of the newer manufacturers. At the same, or near same, specs and half the price, how can one go wrong?
Samsung and Apple have been served...

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
I have the 810 on my 6P and I must say I do not have any of these overheating issue, although I've only had it a week. However, efficiency is efficiency and it's good to see Qualcomm paving the way for that.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
810 should have never hit the market. What a disaster it was, kind of like Windows Millennium.