The Snapdragon 810 Does Indeed Over Heat

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Today it was discovered that the Xperia Z3+ which features the Snapdragon 810 has some overheating issues which causes it to crash. This was a big deal when the HTC One M9 was released. It was overheating during some benchmarks. HTC pretty quickly released an update which throttled the processor during high intensity tasks like gaming and benchmarks. It looks like the Xperia Z3+ is crashing when you try to open up the camera and shoot some 4k video. It seems like the camera works fine when just recording 1080p and shooting photos. Sony will be releasing an OTA update soon to fix this. They will probably be throttling the cpu like HTC did with their update which is unfortunate.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Wonder if they'll release the update when the z4v comes out, or if they're waiting to solve the issue before releasing the phone.

Either way, hurry up Verizon!

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Let's hope it's before and hopefully no hit to phones performance on update... I will be testing closely..

Tapped by NexusSix

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Where there's smoke there's fire. Too many phones with the Snapdragon 810 have experienced overheating issues to believe Qualcomm's denial about this. Let's hope their next gen chip, the 820, will live up to their previous reputation.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Why is everyone up in arms, Qualcomm gave us what we asked for when we said "for that much it better be able to cook me breakfast".

Guys you all are being ungrateful.

Qualcomm I see what you were doing.

squeak

Reaction score
I really want the Z4V, but this makes me reconsider. I had one of those Casio dumb phones that was waterproof and it was amazing be able to take the phone to the river, in the pool, on a motorcycle ride in the rain, on a camping trip and not worry about it getting ruined. I think I may just pick up a used Z3V and save a few bucks.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I figure I would just douse my z4v in water if I ever felt it's getting too warm

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
My Z3+ shipped and delivered.. unfortunately after work function tonight.. but I will be up and running the weekend... we shall see what all this talk is about...

Tapped by NexusSix

squeak

Reaction score
My Z3+ shipped and delivered.. unfortunately after work function tonight.. but I will be up and running the weekend... we shall see what all this talk is about...

Tapped by NexusSix

Survey says?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I'd like to add that one of the reasons I didn't get Z3 is the 16GB internal storage.. not enough with today's apps and stuff IMO

Z3+ Tapatalk