The Rugged Droid Contest!

scottstribling

Reaction score
The Life of My Droid!

My name is Droid, I am unique. I live in a rough environment with my owner. I have been shoved into turnout gear pockets while fighting house fires. I have ridden on the handlebars of a bike while tracking our route on the local riverwalk. I ride on a mower jamming to Pandora tunes when I am not at the fire station, yard after yard. I ride proudly mounted to the windshield of our jeep with the top off and the air blowing thru my slide. I am Droid and I am unique. I need protection.

BIG TEX

Reaction score
I work in the desert. Sometimes in a truck, sometimes on an ATV, sometimes on foot. Hot or cold, rain or snow. Sometimes its dusty other times its all mud. My phone has been through a lot. Its bounced all over the interior of my truck as I drive down an old dirt road. responding to calls. its been with me as I was launched off my ATV after hitting that wash I didn't see cause the headlights just aren't bright enough at 3 am. Its been with me as I've had to go hands on with some subjects to get them to comply. Its served as my GPS ever since my service issued GPS unit succumbed to the abuse it was forced to take on a daily basis. It also serves as my only source of entertainment on those slow nights. My droid has been to hell and back and unfortunately it has some battle scars to show for it. It's taken a beating and its gonna keep taking it. For how long, I don't know. My Droid is a rugged Droid, it wasn't meant for this abuse. Eventually, like my GPS it will succumb to its injuries too, but with a rugged case for its rugged life... it just might stand a chance.

Reaction score
I would love to have that case! I'm a Firefighter/EMT and I'm on my Fire Departments SCUBA Rescue Team. My Droid goes on every call with me: structure fires, auto accidents, medical calls, dive calls, HAZ-MAT, everything. I'm not able to give any of my attention to protecting my phone during the course of responding to these types of calls, and having a nice rugged case like this would greatly improve my Droids chances of making it back to the station undamaged. The guys I work with are absolutely amazed at the Droids capabilities, the phrase "Ask the Droid." has become quite commonplace at my fire department. The Droid answers all of our questions, from simple queries of where or how a phrase originated, to how long it takes a body to float to the surface dependent on water temperature. I think it wont be long until we have department issued gadgets like this that are made rugged enough to handle the abuse, but until then, we have the Droid. dancedroid

Darthvong

Reaction score
Because I love my Droid and don't want to drop it killing some poor defenseless ant. I like ants, but not as much as my Droid. If only my Droid smelled like bacon. Everyone loves bacon.....

screwby

Reaction score
I sure can use a nice rugged case for my Droid, being that I work in an assembly plant, the only thing tougher in here than my Droid is the ABB robots that destroyed my first one, not that I would match them up again but the protection would be nice.

E

EvilWays

[video=youtube;1G2VtC_xG6g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G2VtC_xG6g]YouTube - flying droid[/video]

i should win this because of my girlfriend. watch whole vid for full effect or skip to 1:30 and watch til end... I NEED THIS. thats not even the first time shes tossed my droid, not the last time either. My phone was naked for that event, and is still barebacking though life, please help

c0pE89

Reaction score
help help

im about to deploy again and on my last deployment used my phone to watch movies and music on flights and convoys needless to say hit an IED and found my phone in fifty different pieces sad I know but because of that I got my first android phone but i would flip out if it happens to my droid.

bots

Reaction score
I need a sturdy case for work. I am an electrician and I am constantly finding my phone covered in dust and debris. Being on construction sites all the time, my phone is constantly in danger of being pushed off of a table or having a 2x4 fall on top of it. I'm sick of worrying about it, constantly walking over to my phone to make sure it's still intact. If I don't win this case I'll probably end up buying one, it looks pretty badass. Definitely the stoutest case I have seen for the droid. Help a brotha out =)

wkwaggoner

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
droid turbo 2
I need Rugged Protection NOW!!!!

....I work in a very difficult environment....I get in and out of cars, crawl under cars, get up and down from a desk, and generally bash my DROID on a constant basis and only start to breathe when I see the screen working....it's so sad to see it laying on the floor after coming off the belt and dropping 4 feet to the concrete, but so far all has been well as it is a MOTO DROID....this case appears to have what it takes to keep my DROID ALIVE....and since we're on the subject....got one I could wear to protect my posterior also? I get pretty beat up too! Matching COLORS PLEASE!!!!:icon_eek:

wkwaggoner

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
droid turbo 2
....pull my entry since I saw Military needing this a hell of a lot more than I ever will and they deserve it....but great promotion/contest folks....thanks and keep up the great work DF!

Studfish18

Reaction score
My Dog Eats My Droid!

I have a 9 month old beagle puppy named Molly who has destroyed nearly every other piece of technology I own, beginning with knocking over and destroying my pc in January, to subsequently eating a 32Gb flash drive and a Jawbone bluetooth the months after. Since getting my Droid a little over a month ago she has already chewed through my Bodyglove rubber casing as well as the Zagg InvisbleSHIELD when she did manage to snag it off my desk one day without me realizing it. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have a chance to try out Seidio's new rugged Droid case and see just how rugged it is when face to face with a 20lb beagle. :)

spade

Reaction score
soldier needs protection

im in the army and going to the field and working on military vehicles alot as everyone knows dont get paid alot to replace my phones and already had to replace one cause it got smashed i would love this case so i could keep my phone i love and my (lifeline to family) safe from harm please hook me up with some protection :motdroidvert:

b0n3s

Reaction score
Well let's see here for 3 weeks at a time I work on a towboat on the ohio river and then the 3 weeks I'm off I'm always outdoors between rock climbing, camping or hiking....so for 6 months of the year I'm out on a boat and the other half I'm doing something crazy outside, but all year long I'm being risky with my Droid. I know my Droid is a tank by itself but I could deffently use this kind of case!!!