The Rise of the Smartphone Mom

debdroid1a

Reaction score
I found this really interesting about Mom's who use smartphones. Especially the part that said "Android is by far the most popular smartphone device among smartphone moms, with nearly 3 times as many users as the iPhone".

Also:
28.7% said they would not give up their smartphone for a day, even if they got paid (however the highest, 32.4%, said that would give it up for a day at a spa)

44% of people surveyed said they check in with family members via smartphone 1-5 times a day

View attachment 42573

Click Here to read the blog post and see more of the graphic

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I'm still trying to teach my mom to use the LG dare coming from OG Razr .. She's getting there :)

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm still trying to teach my mom to use the LG dare coming from OG Razr .. She's getting there :)

When did the OG RAZR come out? ;)

Sent from my Safestrapped, Rooted, ROM'd XT862

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez

haha, my mom had an LG Dare for years (never learned how to text either) till about a month ago when it stopped charging. She's now on my old LG Chocolate 3 flip phone! :blink:

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
My parents and smart phones...

78528c8fjw1dmtaw0otwsg.gif

...sorry mom and dad :crazy: :saint: :sorry:

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
My parents went with the iPhone 4s, ask the same question minutes after I'm done showing them how to use it:D

Android would've been way more confusing for them -_-

Insidious

Reaction score
I'm still trying to teach my mom how to use her x2.... 6 months later :b

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
My wife has a iPhone and my 4 yr old knows more about it than she does. He convinced her to download a free app then spent $60 on an in app purchase. He figured out how to take screen shots with it and she still don't know what a screen shot is. Smh

Tapped from an Unbrickable DROID

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
My mom has me show her things here and there, but truly it's laziness; she used to do data testing in both banking and shipping. Pure laziness.

techyholic

Reaction score
My parents went with the iPhone 4s, ask the same question minutes after I'm done showing them how to use it:D

Android would've been way more confusing for them -_-

:D My mom has the same unit, she didn't even know the difference between iPhone4 and iPhone4s and the use of Siri and all she does know is calling!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I don't know how my mom would do with a smart phone but when she made the jump from a flip phone to one with a full keyboard she became a text machine. The smart phone would probably take a lot of work to get her used to.

Murphy47

Reaction score
Y'all are hilarious. I am a 47 yr old "smart phone" mom.Yes, I know how to run it. Yes, I ask my kids for "help", even tho I don't need it. I want to spend more time with them. So, call your moms and they will stop bugging you. Back in the day my mom used to call me at work to program the VCR.
Why do we have smart phones? cause they r cool....;)

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Darn right smart phones are cool, I am sure everyone (or at least even closer to it) will have one eventually.

And I talk to my mother everyday :)

Murphy47

Reaction score
Good to know!! If you don't call they will track you down...lol. To this day my mom will call every phone/device I have til she gets to tell me what she has on her mind. I usually call her first to pre-empt this:).
I did alot of research on droid versus apple thing and hands down DROID. I am the envy of the playground!! I have an app for everything.
Just wish there weren't so many "glitches" coming from Google right now to keep me from playing with my "toy"!

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
Hey I'm a mom (30yo) and I'd die without my smartphone. I got MY mom hooked too and she's 53!

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk