The Review Thread

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you are on the fence about this phone, check out all the compiled reviews here.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Got mine, the XL, 3 minutes after the Verizon store opened the first day of release. So far no real issues, but it is wicked fast. Haven't spent much time with the camera, but what I have taken has been great.

I only wish the active edge could be programmed to open or so different things. For me, I'd like it to open the camera. I don't need it to open the assistant, but when I can just speak to it.

Oh, and the theme won't go to dark. Very insignificant to me.

Grabbed a wireless charger stand as well. Not sure it charges any faster than the wired, but o like the slide show features

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Got mine, the XL, 3 minutes after the Verizon store opened the first day of release. So far no real issues, but it is wicked fast. Haven't spent much time with the camera, but what I have taken has been great.

I only wish the active edge could be programmed to open or so different things. For me, I'd like it to open the camera. I don't need it to open the assistant, but when I can just speak to it.

Oh, and the theme won't go to dark. Very insignificant to me.

Grabbed a wireless charger stand as well. Not sure it charges any faster than the wired, but o like the slide show features

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I think you have to use a dark wallpaper for a dark theme. But not sure if it will make the settings menu dark, but your notification bar and app drawers is suppose to. For everything else like phone, contact, messaging, yt, etc, Google has been allowing users to choose a dark theme.

Awesome review. Thanks

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I think you have to use a dark wallpaper for a dark theme. But not sure if it will make the settings menu dark, but your notification bar and app drawers is suppose to. For everything else like phone, contact, messaging, yt, etc, Google has been allowing users to choose a dark theme.

Awesome review. Thanks
You can set the theme to light, dark, or automatic (based on wallpaper).

Like PC said though, it doesn't make EVERYTHING dark. The settings menu remains blinding white regardless of theme.

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6
It's not a deal breaker, but i've read that you can't enable the led notification light, like you could with the Nexus 6, if you root.:(

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Do new phones still have an old fashioned LED light for notifications?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6
Probably true. I used to have Blackberry phones, and i fell in love with that blinking red led light.:p

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone with a Pixel 3 on Verizon has gotten RCS activated yet. On my P2, if I have Pulse set as the default text app, I can see a grayed out option to enable RCS in Android Messages. But oddly, if I make Messages the default app, that option disappears completely.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Just curious if anyone with a Pixel 3 on Verizon has gotten RCS activated yet. On my P2, if I have Pulse set as the default text app, I can see a grayed out option to enable RCS in Android Messages. But oddly, if I make Messages the default app, that option disappears completely.
Nothing here yet on my 3XL. I use Messages as my texting app. No option for chat features in advanced settings.

I did see comments on Reddit or an article about vzw turning on RCS that said the issue you describe is quite common, even on Pixel 3s.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL