The reason why market acts up

Discussion in 'ShadowROM' started by Squadalah_man, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Squadalah_man

Squadalah_man Member

mountain view, callifornia (home of google and the
    Ratings:
    +0
    When google releases new versions of its apps in the market instead of in an ota guess what happens?

Everyone starts downloading from the market at once from all over the world. This causes bandwidth issues and hangups. All kinds of rediculous stuff. Maps is a pretty big app and youtube. As more and more people get android phones, these kind of apps that everyone has will have download issues and mess up the market. Its best to wait for a day or two I have decided. This is why we were able to get decent downloads at night and not the day. This will affect all downloads because they all have to go through authentication and such checking your google accounts.
    There are a lot of sub issues but it all comes down to a clogged cyber pipe.

Squadala we are off!

2. teddyearp

teddyearp Senior Member

Ratings:
    +13
    Current Phone Model:
    Motorola XT1103 (Nexus 6)
    +1 ^^^ this. I have always replied to threads about market issues in a similar manner. The market is totally dependent of it's ability to handle the bandwidth demand. And not only that, it's on a computer (or so) somewhere and I know that sometimes a server just gets so loaded up, it just slows down and/or stops.

3. Milton515

Milton515 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Could this be the reason I can download any other app except angry birds, update YouTube, twitter, and maps

Sent from D1 running metiCkMod v2.2 Complete Galaxy S Theme

4. Squadalah_man

Squadalah_man Member

mountain view, callifornia (home of google and the
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, games are usualy larger files and angry birds is a pretty big game. In the middle of an update day you can barely download anything. Even if you use wifi it won't do much better. Heck I found all those dead downloads in my sdcard download folder make sure you clear them out. When big updates come just be patient till the next day, the old app version will still work :)

Squadala we are off!

5. Milton515

Milton515 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, I figured it out.... It was just the metiCkMod Rom, its still buggy and needs an market fix and camera fix.... Everything going fine now, just restored my UD1.0.0

Sent from D1 running UD1.0.0 with stock Launcher Pro Plus