?The power prompt and about that 2 second reboot?

Discussion in 'ShadowROM' started by teddyearp, Oct 29, 2010.

1. teddyearp

teddyearp Senior Member

Ratings:
    +13
    Current Phone Model:
    Motorola XT1103 (Nexus 6)
    I hope I can get these questions answered. So far I think this rom is better than CM 6.0, and my sig rom, though it still isn't quite as 'snappy' as the latter one, yet.

Anyways, my two concerns are; first, with CM 6.0 as with this rom it seems as though there is an option for not having to 'confirm' a certain reboot/power down request, it worked for me with CM6.0, but with SR 0.2.1 when I go menu -> settings -> ShadowRom settings -> user interface and then select power prompt or unselect power prompt either way, when I long press the power button and make a selection there, I still have to 'confirm' my selection as opposed to CM 6.0 where once I made my selection from the long power button press, it was a done deal.

Second, and not quite as important, but I was first drawn to this rom by the 2 second reboot, and though I have disabled the boot animation and installed hot reboot, I still count about twelve seconds. BTW I am using a p3droid sv 250-1100 kernel if that matters.

I want to thank in advance any answers and furthermore I welcome any useful answers that have a ton of details and/or further information for me to read, read, read, and then learn from. If one just wants to throw out a reply without much detailed information, well, I guess I can't argue with it, but . . . . maybe please don't bother? I am not needing the easy way.

TIA

#1 teddyearp, Oct 29, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
  2. Squadalah_man

Squadalah_man Member

mountain view, callifornia (home of google and the
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well basicaly you have the best kernal for shrom imo, but unfortionately the power button settings are not the same. Consider them a precautionary step in turning off your device. So you can go "oh I forgot to reboot to recovery to do that one thing" and then do that. Just count your blessings and be happy for the greatness of shrom.

Squadala we are off!

3. teddyearp

teddyearp Senior Member

Ratings:
    +13
    Current Phone Model:
    And exactly how are they not the same? The way I interpret that setting is to mean that once I long press the power button and make my selection, that's it. No more. That's the way it works with Cyanogenmod. Uncheck the button. Why not with Shadowrom. And I'm not ripping on "shrom", I do like it.

But that is exactly not what I need/want to do. If I wanted to have the precautionary step, I would run a different rom WITHOUT this supposed option. After all it's not like I'm about to delete anything, all I want/need to do is either power off the phone, and/or reboot it.

So thank you, but . . .

NEXT?? i.e. billy, insane?

TIA

p.s. I did file a bug report about this and the camera today as well, even knowing that 0.2.2 will probably be out soon.

#3 teddyearp, Oct 30, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2010
  4. billygalbreath

Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    I am not using CM's ShutdownThread or GlobalActions files, instead, I am using my own version of them, and I did not know about this feature CM had added. My shutdown methods do not support this feature, even with the setting in settings.

Sorry for any confusion, but my shutdown methods are smoother, faster, and just make more sense code-wise than CM's ;)

EDIT: Also, v0.2.2 was released about 24 hours ago. Its a private release tho, instructions _have_ been given out in many public places. ;)

5. teddyearp

teddyearp Senior Member

Ratings:
    +13
    Current Phone Model:
    Thanks billy for the inteligent reply. Any input on the two second reboot part of my question?

TIA

6. billygalbreath

Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    The two second boot has something to do with hibernation. Its possible by using a 3rd party app, but I've no idea what its called. We have a video of it posted on shadowrom.com maybe you can recognize it through the blurry resolution.

7. matt13703

matt13703 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The app is called hot reboot, to get the 2 second reboot you need to also disable the boot animation

#7 matt13703, Oct 31, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2010
  8. teddyearp

teddyearp Senior Member

Ratings:
    +13
    Current Phone Model:
    I _think_ I did mention that already. Thanks.

9. sonicfreak360

sonicfreak360 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    heh, sorry, didn't have a good enough camera to record it, but apparently the message got through! didn't expect my video to get grabbed and put somewhere :p