The phone/battery charges to full suspiciously fast.

Armchairbear

Reaction score
It only takes about 1.5 hours to charge my phone from zero to "Charged."

That seems too fast to me.

Is it weird?

It still seems to have decent battery life. Long enough for a workday and more. Definitely lasts longer than my old Droid Inc.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Perfectly normal if you ask me...I unintentionally drained the battery on my old D1, simply popped it on the charger my D2G came with, within 2 hours, it was fully charged again.

OP
A

Armchairbear

Reaction score
Thanks.

Maybe I'm just being paranoid. My Droid Inc. used to take much longer to fully charge.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lucky people.. it was like that with my Droid 1, but my Droid 3 charges incredibly slow.

TyrantII

Reaction score
Make sure to charge it for about 13 hour right out of the box (say overnight)

The battery's have charge circuits in them and while it may say full charge, they might not be fully charged right out of the box. Make sure to *fully* charge the battery, since Li-ion batteries will first quick-charge and then spend a while topping off the battery. When it says it's done charging, it's not actually done charging, it's just begun trickle charging. The battery has a chip to keep track of how full the battery is, and it needs to be calibrated the first time you charge the battery, so it knows how full a 100% battery charge really is. If you cut the charging cycle too soon, it will think it's hit a 100% charge when the battery is actually only ~90% full.

Also, you should drain it and fully charge it about once a month if you frequently don't deplete it fully to recalibrate it.

NoBloatware

Reaction score

The battery's have charge circuits in them and while it may say full charge, they might not be fully charged right out of the box. Make sure to *fully* charge the battery, since Li-ion batteries will first quick-charge and then spend a while topping off the battery. When it says it's done charging, it's not actually done charging, it's just begun trickle charging. The battery has a chip to keep track of how full the battery is, and it needs to be calibrated the first time you charge the battery, so it knows how full a 100% battery charge really is. If you cut the charging cycle too soon, it will think it's hit a 100% charge when the battery is actually only ~90% full.

Also, you should drain it and fully charge it about once a month if you frequently don't deplete it fully to recalibrate it.

Nice comment. Just wanted to add that charging it via the wall charger will be much faster than charging it by plugging it into a computer. Also, use as short a USB cable as possible to charge--or just the one that came with the phone. If you feel the need for a longer cable, just get an extension cord, not a long USB cable.

Darksthour

Reaction score

Nice comment. Just wanted to add that charging it via the wall charger will be much faster than charging it by plugging it into a computer. Also, use as short a USB cable as possible to charge--or just the one that came with the phone. If you feel the need for a longer cable, just get an extension cord, not a long USB cable.

Does the longer cable really make a difference? I use the long one by my bed cause the plug is so far away. Plus it came with my D1's dock station so it worked fine for me.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Does the longer cable really make a difference? I use the long one by my bed cause the plug is so far away. Plus it came with my D1's dock station so it worked fine for me.

Technically, yes, it will make a difference. However, it depends on just how long the cable is so the difference might be negligible for you. Also, if you use a long cable to connect to a computer you may find that it takes a long time to transfer data or perhaps doesn't allow you to connect at all.

If it seems to work fine, I wouldn't worry about it but as a general rule I would try to use short USB cable with AC extension cord.