The perfect phone !!?!!

aristoid

Reaction score
OMG...

Hanging out around these forums has me salivating for the next octocore/12G/128G_ram/3Tb_sd... (and it would be sweet !!)

but...
Youtube-casio-gzone-sm.jpg

For me, I love my D1 - I bought a spare to play with. But this phone is about perfect for my life. Android. 800Mhz processor. RUGGEDIZED !!

It's interesting that earlier today I read a leak that the military chose android over apple...hmmm. This phone has security features that any corporate IT department would be happy with. Hardware that has been brought up to Mil-spec...hmmm

I would love to be able to buy a case for my D1 that would allow me to drop it into a mud puddle, or get stepped on by my dog, or have snow packed around it.

Doesn't exist...
Now there is a phone that has it built in!! (mebbe a lanyard loop so I don't lose it :frown:??)

I'm guessing that this may be stock android as well. If the military is using something similar to this, it's not going to have bells and whistles built in - the government does that. I do see it has blur though, so I wonder about the bootloader.

I've read a few posts about 'which phone/single_dual core/blah blah blah' and I think this is a phone that some of us would really appreciate - a tough/waterproof D1 !!

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
It can't have Blur. This is a Casio, Blur is Motorola only.

sent from somewhere...

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
OMG...

Hanging out around these forums has me salivating for the next octocore/12G/128G_ram/3Tb_sd... (and it would be sweet !!)

but...
Youtube-casio-gzone-sm.jpg

For me, I love my D1 - I bought a spare to play with. But this phone is about perfect for my life. Android. 800Mhz processor. RUGGEDIZED !!

It's interesting that earlier today I read a leak that the military chose android over apple...hmmm. This phone has security features that any corporate IT department would be happy with. Hardware that has been brought up to Mil-spec...hmmm

I would love to be able to buy a case for my D1 that would allow me to drop it into a mud puddle, or get stepped on by my dog, or have snow packed around it.

Doesn't exist...
Now there is a phone that has it built in!! (mebbe a lanyard loop so I don't lose it :frown:??)

I'm guessing that this may be stock android as well. If the military is using something similar to this, it's not going to have bells and whistles built in - the government does that. I do see it has blur though, so I wonder about the bootloader.

I've read a few posts about 'which phone/single_dual core/blah blah blah' and I think this is a phone that some of us would really appreciate - a tough/waterproof D1 !!

If you're looking for super protection, see the Tident Kraken - although, I'm not sure if the make the thing for a Droid1 or not. I had gotten one for my Droid X, and ended up giving it to a friend because while it hermetically sealed my DX off, which I didn't need or want - the color scheme I chose (red and black) made the poor phone look like a prop from a sci-fi movie - read "Battlefield Earth". Excellent quality, just not my cup of tea from the aesthetics standpoint. :)

-Mike

Last edited:
OP
aristoid

aristoid

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up! Checked it out, and it is about what I am looking for- not for the D1 though...sigh, guess I might have to jump to HTC after all.

Sent from my Moto Droid using DroidForums App

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
I think they should have bumped it up to a 1GHz cpu atleast, otherwise, it does seem pretty cool. To bad more phone makers wont implment some of these protections in there phones with out making it into something out of Star Wars. Dont get me wrong I think the design looks pretty cool, but it would be nice to have that durability with the design of a more conventional phone like the D2(G).