The ottorbox is here

Casen

Reaction score
Got the Otterbox Defender Case today. Although this is my first Otter case I have to admit this thing is sick. I was tossed between the defender and the commuter eventually going with the defender bc it came with a belt clip which now that I have don't know if it is going to work they way I wanted it to. Though as far as the case goes its great. Though it does look large its well protected and works nicely. Only compalint with case is the buttons on the bottom I.e home button which they were a little bit harder rubber so u didn't have to push so hard. Overall in the few hours that I have had it I am very happy though I am wondering what the commuter case would look like.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Pics. I need to see how it looks. from side, with something that we can compare it with.

erict

Reaction score
Got the Otterbox Defender Case today. Although this is my first Otter case I have to admit this thing is sick. I was tossed between the defender and the commuter eventually going with the defender bc it came with a belt clip which now that I have don't know if it is going to work they way I wanted it to. Though as far as the case goes its great. Though it does look large its well protected and works nicely. Only compalint with case is the buttons on the bottom I.e home button which they were a little bit harder rubber so u didn't have to push so hard. Overall in the few hours that I have had it I am very happy though I am wondering what the commuter case would look like.

Pics. I need to see how it looks. from side, with something that we can compare it with.

+1:icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

WJR916503

Reaction score
I will try to get you pics as soon as i can unfortunately my digital camera is broken so kinda difficult to put pics up. Sorry

Hodakaguy

Reaction score
Here's a few crappy shots of my Defender case. It's HUGE but should protect the phone nicely...I'll get used to it pretty quick. I used to have a defender case on my old Iphone and it saved that phone from certain death numerous times.

Here's a few shots next to the Verizon thin snap on case that I've been using for size comparison.

P1020269.jpg

P1020267.jpg

P1020263.jpg

P1020273.jpg

P1020276.jpg

P1020278.jpg

Hodakaguy

Freezetron

Reaction score
That is farking huge! :icon_eek: Glad I went with commuter instead and if that can't protect it, well, time use the insurance.

Dr.Dad

Reaction score
So, is it a polycarbonate case with built-in screen protector which is covered by a full silicone skin, and then goes into a holster? It looks (to me) completely different than the website, but I am beginning to think they never show it with the silicone skin on except in the holster....maybe because it would make it look a little big. If my description is correct, is the polycarbonate case a smooth plastic or rubbery? The age old question, "if I put my phone in my pocket....will is slide easily in and out, and will it be covered in pocket lint when I remove it from my pocket?"

I think Socrates used to grapple with this question himself....

erict

Reaction score
I agree it looks huge. A couple of questions. First, do all three series use a holster to attach to a belt? Second, I like having my X in a leather holster and wonder if any of the three choices would still let me do this?

erict

Reaction score
Only the defender comes with/uses a belt clip. The rest are pretty much designed to be put into pockets.

I never liked my phones in my pocket because of possibly bumping into something and damaging it.

Eskay

Reaction score
Official Otterbox DX Commuter Video:
[video=youtube;TrcV-SdwNf4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrcV-SdwNf4]YouTube - Droid X by Motorola Commuter Series Case From OtterBox[/video]

It isn't easy to get a good gague on the size of the case, but it lets you see how the commuter is constructed - Silicone case with outer hard shell.

Hodakaguy

Reaction score
The Defender is a large case but you get used to it pretty fast. A belt clip is a must for me as I hate having a phone in my pocket. I also like the greater protection that the defender brings, I've dropped my old Iphone 6' onto concrete and the defender case saved it from any damage.

For me the protection and belt clip is worth the trade off in size.

Hodakaguy

cpjr

Reaction score
Only the defender comes with/uses a belt clip. The rest are pretty much designed to be put into pockets.

I never liked my phones in my pocket because of possibly bumping into something and damaging it.

I wouldnt worry about it too much unless your REALLY clumsy, Ive always carried my phones in my pocket and have never damaged one that way.

I bought the Seidio Rugged and HATED the size. Sold it.

Have the otterbox commuter now, LOVE it.

Freezetron

Reaction score

I wouldnt worry about it too much unless your REALLY clumsy, Ive always carried my phones in my pocket and have never damaged one that way.

I agree, I've damaged more phones being on my belt and pants via smashing them into walls, desks, doors, concrete, toilets ect.... then inside my pockets.