The only fix for 4g connectivity issues!!

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX' started by spoogly, Jun 19, 2012.

1. spoogly

spoogly New Member

TURN IT OFF!!!!!....

First time poster here and coming from a Galaxy Nexus this is a huge problem across the entire 4g network! My Nexus
    lost 4g Wifi and 3g signals (some flagship phone that was). I talked to a very blunt and honest Verizon tech on the phone the day after I started using my Maxx it too had the 4g dropouts. Her response was "look right now Verizon is focused on getting as many towers up as possible and dealing with holding the signals later". She went on to say her phone also
    drops signal and the best way to fix it TURN OFF THE 4g! I told her its ridiculous to pay the higher prices for a piece of
    Hardware you can't use she agreed and said only a select few are working perfect. There you have it folks turn off your
    4g if your having issues , leave it on the 3G network until Verizon fixes these issues!
  2. oyeyemi808

oyeyemi808 New Member

Wow! that's one i haven't heard before. fortunately I'm not having that issue
  3. jackiescivic

jackiescivic Well-Known Member

I figured that out a month ago when I got the phone. Mine does not drop data on 3G
  4. tjk629

tjk629 New Member

Thank you 4G rush.

So, vzw is supposed to be done with the majority of their set up next year. So, we're supposed to wait till like 2014 for stability?
  5. wcjeep

wcjeep Member

This might be a region issue? No problems in the Pacific Northwest. Wife and I have the GN. Friends with the Rezound, Razr, Charge and Bionic have not mentioned anything about dropping 4G.
  6. brucefulton

brucefulton New Member

4g works fine for me where it is available, and I haven't noticed any particular problems going from a zone that has it to a zone that doesn't. Our house is on the edge, but I have the phone set to use wifi where available including my house. Where 4g is available, e.g. closer to town or traveling to major cities, with at least a bar of signal, it seems to work fine. I get great speeds in a solid 4g zone. I'm sure you have the problems you state, but it sounds like a local issue. I don't think it is a problem with 4g per se, particularly since you note it with multiple phones.

7. spoogly

spoogly New Member

So they are actually locations that have stable 4g??

I noticed after my first post some of you have stated you have stable 4g .....If so where do you live and how long has the 4g been available in your area? I live in east Tennessee and 4g is still not available in all areas...
  8. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid New Member

I rarely use 4g... only when I venture to the city. But, so far, I have not had my 4g drop and it is a pretty strong 4g. I live in central NY. I think the city has had 4g for about a year now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums
  9. oyeyemi808

oyeyemi808 New Member

i live in Atlanta, 2 blocks from Verizon store. no 4GLTE problems
  10. Dave12308

Dave12308 New Member

Capital District of NY State here, had 4G since August of last year. Apparently Verizon did a decent job around here, because 4G has been essentially flawless in this area. However, I do agree with the OP that there are issues on the network, i've been saying that myself for months.
  11. garface

garface New Member

I'm near NYC with no issues. And I noticed at some point I lost 4G and it just went to 3G. I didn't even notice anything until I looked at the icon. Your doesn't just change to 3G?
  12. tjk629

tjk629 New Member

Just got off the phone with vzw. They had me do something with enabling data roaming. See if that doesn't cut these down a tad.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums
  13. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

Yeah I actually started to buy a rar maxx cause of my nexus having the issue. I see I can stay with my nexus now. In all seriousness my nexus since the update has been great when I am running the stock imm76k (with root) and the stock kernel. I too get the hiccups every now and then but it recovers fine. I just notice I get more hiccups when I am running a rom and/or kernel. If you are in a strong area and you can barely seem to hold on to a 4g signal change out your sim card and if that does not fix change out your device. The 4g hiccups are just that and for me they seem to come back like 5-10 secs later.
  14. tjk629

tjk629 New Member

Yeah, that's what I consider normal. But the stuff I've been getting these past two weeks are pretty bad. Even in supposedly strong LTE areas.

I'm not blaming the device, and when I called vzw I didn't even complain about my Bionic. I called to report service issues. Which ended up having me tinker with my Bionic.
  15. jsullivan

jsullivan New Member

The area I live in in metro Atlanta has reliable 4G, I had it with my Samsung mi-fi. My Maxx has held a reliable 4G connection for 24 hours (after having problems and taking it in to the VZW store). Still watching it to see if it is able to maintain it.
  16. jthorpe

jthorpe New Member

Pretty sad. And they sure do love to charge the hell out of us.
  17. jayb

jayb New Member

They told me the same bull story........and no that doesnt help at all. I just call up every month and get a credit on my account.
  18. ROLLTIDE1

ROLLTIDE1 New Member

I have tried new phones, sim cards and used them in different locations and I'm getting the same results
  19. collett

collett New Member

@spoogly, I'm in TN as well, though in Nashville. I wonder if part of the problem here is that VZW has a big push right now to add a significant amount of 4G coverage in TN. I read an article in The Tennessean earlier this week that outlined how much of the state they're trying to cover. I don't know if that makes a difference. But perhaps if they're working on 4G in your area it might have some effect. 4G is not as stable for me as it used to be and Nashville is pretty well covered.
  20. ROLLTIDE1

ROLLTIDE1 New Member

This is clearly not a certain area issue and it doesn't look like it's been fixed this morning with all the 4G launches
Search tags for this page
4g fix

droid razr maxx 4g issues

fix 4g
galaxy nexus 4g fix

how to fix 4g

how to fix 4g connection

how to fix 4g on android

how to fix 4g on galaxy nexus
how to fix my 4g connection

htc thunderbolt 4g connection problems

stream drop outs on 4g