The OnePlus 5 Works With Verizon... Sort Of

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
oneplus-5-png.77594

Now that the OnePlus 5 is here we can dive into the carrier bands which OnePlus says supports up to 34 world wide carrier bands. There are 34 LTE bands supported along with some CDMA support. This means the phone will kind of work on carriers like Verizon and Sprint.

All three of Sprint's LTE bands (25, 26, and 41) are supported. Two out of three Verizon LTE bands are supported. On Sprint the phone will theoretically work, but you will only have LTE coverage. If you go into any areas with no LTE support your phone won't drop down 3G instead you will hit GPRS if you are able to get any signal. For Verizon the same is true, but without band 13 you will have no signal indoors. For all intents of purposes we are still looking at a GSM phone unfortunately, but if you are adventurous you can give it a try. You have 15 days to return the phone once it is received.

via OnePlus.net

Attachments

• oneplus-5-.png
    oneplus-5-.png
    51.6 KB · Views: 4,776

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
If you are on Verizon don't do it! I've had phones before without low frequency lte band and it's a nightmare inside buildings.

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i will give it a try and report back. Mine should be here on Friday. I already know it is going to suck indoors though which is very unfortunate.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
If the phone worked on Verizon it would sell even better. At the Value it's a great phone you van pay out of pocket and not lose a kidney in the process.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
My OP5 is waiting for me at home on the doorstep. I got it just in case band 13 is made "accessible" by the community. I'll keep it in the box for a few days until I get the bad news then it's off to Swappa! I grabbed a 128GB version since it'll probably be easy to unload if I get some bad news regarding VZW compatibility.

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
or maybe some of us who also have an AT&T account might possbily be innarested?

(or at least we would be if we had any spare dinero's :oops:)

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
i will give it a try and report back. Mine should be here on Friday. I already know it is going to suck indoors though which is very unfortunate.
Any word on your try on Verizon?

Eddie Blanche

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Xiaomi
Can anyone certify whether this OP5 support AT&T network?