1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

The One-Click Rooting Solution for Droid Thread!!! LATEST: V1.8rA

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by RDKamikaze, Sep 18, 2010.

1. RDKamikaze

RDKamikaze New Member

LATEST VERSION: 1.8rA Stable or Try 2.06 Beta!!!
    Works With Froyo FRG22D too!!

Soup or Root now has a Blog!! souproot.wordpress.com

Original Post: http://androidforums.com/droid-all-...olution-droid-thread-d-d-latest-v2-0-4-a.html

First off All credit goes to Sebastian Krahmer at C skills. Please see fit to donate via Paypal to 7-4-3-C@web.de

Credit for OMJ's tutorial goes to karnovaran at xda. He changed the directions a little to make them slightly easier and suited for the Droid1.

Hello and welcome to RDKamikaze's official thread to Droid rooting the easy way!! I have been working hard to code for you guys the best one-click root solution for a while and now I'm finished, woot!!

The one-click root (Soup or Root) is the easiest and most user-friendly way to root anyone's Droid, especially since there is virtually no chance to brick your Droid!!! By using the solution given by OMJ on How to Root Without RSD Lite, I was able to base my code around his work and bring to you the easiest and fool-proof way to root your awesome Droid :)

Steps to Root
    1. Install Motorola Drivers!!
    2. First the program!! Download Soup or Root v1.8rA!!
    3. Turn on USB Debugging on your Droid: Home>Menu>Settings>Applications>Development>USB Debugging
    4. Make sure USB Storage is OFF!! Don't turn on USB Storage when rooting, or else the root won't work!!
    5. Connect your phone and then run Soup or Root :) Enjoy!!

IMPORTANT NOTES:

~ BEFORE DOING ANYTHING: Turn on Debugging on your Droid!!
    Home>Menu>Settings>Applications>Development>USB Debugging

~ Soup or Root v0.6 and v1.8rA require to have the cmd window be in focus, so don't click away while it's working until it closes!!

~ It is recommended if you know how to do a backup to do it!! I'm not responsible for anything that happens to your Droid, but I and fellow forum members will be happy to assist you if you encounter such problems :)

~ v2.0 BETA USERS: You no longer need to have Motorola Tools previously installed!! The installer will ask if you have it installed or not, and if not, it will install for you!! :D

If you enjoy my work and would love to do so (no pressure), please [​IMG]!! Thanks for your appreciation!!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
  2. steveninspokane

steveninspokane New Member

Couldn't you A) Install ROM Manager and use SPRRecovery if you needed to, or B) Use RSD Lite to flash your phone back to Stock?

Also, Thanks, this will make it a lot easier for when replacement #2 arrives this next week. :)
  3. DankDroid

DankDroid New Member

Do you download these on your phone or computer?
  4. RDKamikaze

RDKamikaze New Member

Sorry if the directions or video aren't clear, you download files just to your computer :)
  5. buckmarble

buckmarble Developer Theme Developer Developer

Has anyone tried this yet?
  6. RDKamikaze

RDKamikaze New Member

7. DankDroid

DankDroid New Member

when i click on the download of soup or root it sends me to an error page any ideas why
  8. RDKamikaze

RDKamikaze New Member

No idea why you are getting the error page, I just tried it and it's fine.

Try again? By the way, I'm working on a GUI rooting program that's more reliable right now ;)
  9. steveninspokane

Ok, so I did this method, First time I got an error, then I tried again and it worked.

Then...

I downloaded ROM Manager, and began to back up my current Rom.

My phone turned off, and now all I see is a Yield sign with a yellow exclamation mark in it, and a little pic of a droid under it.

Do I pull battery? Is my phone bricked?

What the (bad word) do I do?
  10. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member Premium Member

That is the stock recovery, you need to install a custom recovery before you can make a backup
  11. RDKamikaze

RDKamikaze New Member

You're not bricked, don't worry. The exclamation point and yield sign mean that you are in recovery mode and if you set to backup (does it show any writing on the screen?) then it is preparing to backup your ROM. Did you flash clockworkrecovery (first option on ROM Manager) yet? If not, there's your problem, it's trying to find an option that it can't handle, so it's blank (pull the battery). If you did, I always nandbackup from cockworkmod recovery, not ROM Manager.

Anyway, that's a topic that's different, not related to my program ;) Please create a new thread, you'll get more support by myself and others there.
  12. steveninspokane

RDKamikaze

Tallica

You guys are so freaking unbelievably Awesome.

Thanks for the super ninja quick replies.

I didn't enev think about flashing clockworkmod recovery.

All is well now, thank for the great root process, and Tallica, I look forward to trying your method with Droid replacement #3, in hmmm about 3-4 months? haha
  13. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member Premium Member

Glad it worked out:)
  14. teddyearp

teddyearp New Member

15. RDKamikaze

RDKamikaze New Member

Soup or Root 2.0 beta is out! It asks if you have Moto drivers installed and if not, it will open the installer (included). It's also GUI-based (very little, but still there) and will include a progress bar in the official release. When it starts, it will just sit around for a few minutes, that is normal so just leave your Droid doing its thing while the magic happens.

Download Soup or Root 2.0 beta.exe for free on uploading.com

Sorry for the horrible server, mediafire was taking too long this time around :p
  16. RDKamikaze

RDKamikaze New Member

Soup or Root 2.01 Beta is out!! It no longer requires you to previously have installed Moto Tools, it will ask and install it if you don't have it already! Plus it's a GUI and looks very pretty, give it a shot!! No more required windows on top anymore! :D

Soup or Root 2.01 Beta.exe
  17. BodyBagz

BodyBagz Active Member

Hate to ask this, but I guess I will be "that guy"...

Will this 1 Click Root work on the new 2.3.15.MB810 release for Droid X`s that came out yesterday? I lost my root and ability to Wireless Tether and would like to have it back...:)
  18. RDKamikaze

RDKamikaze New Member

Sorry, it's for Droid 1's only. The ADB commands are different per phone but I bet I could come up with something down the road for the X ;)
  19. BodyBagz

BodyBagz Active Member

Thanx, that's kinda what I figured..lol Good job on this effort...seems it made Droid 1 users lives easier...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  20. teddyearp

teddyearp New Member

However, the rooting files contained are the same. All RD did was create a program for windows that does all the cmd prompt adb shell commands for you. He was going to write it as a batch file, but did this instead.

And on that note RD, why not go ahead and include one of the custom recovery images, the flash_image binary and adb shell commands especially since step 22 is the one to finish that job (the one that makes sure custom recovery sticks after re-boot)?

Just my .02 worth . . . .
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
Search tags for this page

download soup or root v1.8ra!!

droid dna 2.06 root

droid dna root 2.06

droid yield sign

my rooting solution download

soup or root for droid 2