The Official What should I Get (insert name) For Christmas Thread.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by OneTenderRebel, Dec 7, 2010.

1. OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel New Member

If any of you are like me, then you are having a hard time figuring out what to get loved ones for the holidays. So I was thinking "hey I should start a thread for suggestions" so I did. Everyone can feel free to post answers or ask other people their opinion on what to get. I started the thread so I will go first......

I need to get something for my father and his wife. They are always very good to me when it comes to Christmas presents, so I would like to return the favor this year. I am thinking of getting them a $200 dollar gift card to The Capital Grille in Boston. It's a very nice steakhouse and they enjoy dining out in places like that. I guess my question would be, is that not personal enough?
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  2. ntrddragn

ntrddragn New Member

gift card, gift albums are the way to go nowadays. I would get them one that they can use what or where they want instead of to a particular place but thats me. Thats what i would want if someone give me a GC. :)
  3. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal DF Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
    If they like the restaurant then it's a nice gift. A friend of mine flat out said one year "I have enough stuff. I have money. Gift certificates are always welcome."
  4. OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel New Member

Yeah, you really can't go wrong with gift cards.