The "Official" Waiting for an Update Thread

wolfman4u

Reaction score
I was just wondering what the newest rumor was since this one didn't pan out. The rumor mill has its fun points. (always something to talk or argue about).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

gernerttl

Reaction score
Hmmm...good point. :) Nope, no new rumors, that I've found...just a rehash of the original.

captdroid

Reaction score
Well seeing that we only got 4.0.4 stock update from a 'leaked' OTA that never materialized I am not at all hopeful we will see a 4.0.5 stock update any time soon. Seems that the Gnex is stuck currently on 4.0.2 stock official OTA while other devices are getting official OTA to at least 4.0.4. So much for being a Google flagship phone first in line for updates... oh well time will tell but Google and Verizon are handling things poorly (probably mostly Verizon) when it comes to the Gnex... heck even Samsung is handling things quite poorly with their lack of docking stations. Strange that these companies are handling the Gnex so poorly.

I am pleased with the 4.0.4 stock update that came via 'leaked' OTA... my Gnex generally runs very well.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Strange that these companies are handling the Gnex so poorly.

Unfortunately, in the case of Verizon anyway, I think it's b/c the Nexus doesn't have a marketing campaign that includes an iPhone or a commercial where a robot destroys the world, or the phone slices through metal, or something along those lines...

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
According to BMX, his version of 4.0.5 runs fine. He's says Verizon has what they need from Google, but Big Red is delaying because of unicorns....

gernerttl

Reaction score
Unfortunately, in the case of Verizon anyway, I think it's b/c the Nexus doesn't have a marketing campaign that includes an iPhone or a commercial where a robot destroys the world, or the phone slices through metal, or something along those lines...

Now that I think about it. I don't remember seeing any commercial featuring the Galaxy Nexus, past or present. Strange.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
There has been one Nexus commercial and it showed off Google+, that's it. They really should've made use of NFC feature as no other phone on Verizon has it (to my knowledge anyway). Big Red failed at pushing this phone.

captdroid

Reaction score
Now that I think about it. I don't remember seeing any commercial featuring the Galaxy Nexus, past or present. Strange.

I saw one TV commercial for the GN a while ago... basically advertising Google+

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think I remember that... something about using the phone to basically show off circles?

captdroid

Reaction score
According to BMX, his version of 4.0.5 runs fine. He's says Verizon has what they need from Google, but Big Red is delaying because of unicorns....

'Someone' should just leak 4.0.5 for the Gnex... Verizon is a useless partner for Gnex... and Samsung should get off their rear end and sell the stinking docks with or without official update...

Last edited:

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think I remember that... something about using the phone to basically show off circles?

Showed people beat boxing, was terrible lol.

But yeah there was so many things they could have highlighted about the Nexus/ICS in a commercial, seems odd they wouldn't want to use even a 10th of the money they spent advertising the Razr. But I guess they like their bloatware devices a bit more.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Showed people beat boxing, was terrible lol.

But yeah there was so many things they could have highlighted about the Nexus/ICS in a commercial, seems odd they wouldn't want to use even a 10th of the money they spent advertising the Razr. But I guess they like their bloatware devices a bit more.

lol... yeah I remember now. That and it suffered from what all cellphone commercials do... instantaneously fast connection speeds!