The "Official" Waiting for an Update Thread

davidwar

Reaction score
OK it was a zip file but it didn't have the .zip extension when it showed up in the download directory on my phone. If you are not supposed to open it, what are you supposed to do once it downloads?

gernerttl

Reaction score
Same here. I put it in the SDCARD root folder but it would see it when I tried to update from \cache

How do I move it to the \cache directory. I tried copying it via Astro and it wouldn't let me. It said access denied.

gernerttl

Reaction score
Same here. I put it in the SDCARD root folder but it would see it when I tried to update from \cache
<br><br>How do I move it to the \cache directory.&nbsp; I tried copying it via Astro and it wouldn't let me.&nbsp; It said access denied.

ccolston

Reaction score
Took the Plunge!

Well I took the plunge today and applied the 4.0.4 update. I had rooted an OG Droid a couple years ago so I had a little clue. After going to multiple websites to relearn, I now have 4.0.4!!! I actually just recently switched to a Rezound because I was so tired of my Nexus failing me but had issues with the CLNR Rezound after day 2. I heard that the update was coming out for Nexus and today decided I was going back to my Nexus, which I hadn't sent back yet, and installing the update myself. I absolutely love the Nexus and didn't want to part with it so I'm glad I was able to apply the latest update.

gernerttl

Reaction score
Well I took the plunge today and applied the 4.0.4 update. I had rooted an OG Droid a couple years ago so I had a little clue. After going to multiple websites to relearn, I now have 4.0.4!!! I actually just recently switched to a Rezound because I was so tired of my Nexus failing me but had issues with the CLNR Rezound after day 2. I heard that the update was coming out for Nexus and today decided I was going back to my Nexus, which I hadn't sent back yet, and installing the update myself. I absolutely love the Nexus and didn't want to part with it so I'm glad I was able to apply the latest update.

Where did you put the update file at?

ccolston

Reaction score
I just copied it into internal storage,not in a particular folder within internal storage. I named the file update.zip

gernerttl

Reaction score
Ok. I take you then updated via the boot loader? Hmmm...I don't know why it's not working for me.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok. I take you then updated via the boot loader? Hmmm...I don't know why it's not working for me.

From his description I assumed he flashed in CWM. You can flash in stock recovery, but it has to be in /cache. If that's what you're doing, I have no idea why it's not working. I'd just fastboot a cwm img real quick and then flash the zip in the custom recovery (this is assuming your bootloader is unlocked though)

gernerttl

Reaction score
From his description I assumed he flashed in CWM. You can flash in stock recovery, but it has to be in /cache. If that's what you're doing, I have no idea why it's not working. I'd just fastboot a cwm img real quick and then flash the zip in the custom recovery (this is assuming your bootloader is unlocked though)

I tried to drop the update.zip folder into the /cache and it said access denied. I am rooted so, I thought that I could put files where ever I needed them.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I tried to drop the update.zip folder into the /cache and it said access denied. I am rooted so, I thought that I could put files where ever I needed them.

Did you grant R/W access to the /cache folder? It's Read only by default.