The "Official" Waiting for an Update Thread

wolfman4u

Reaction score
Crankintopwater69 said:
Who needs BMX when you've got me and my inside source letting you know when updates are gonna happen. :p

Ya. BMX turned out to be a troll and clearly got everyone's attention and expectations up a couple months ago only to find he doesn't have a clue. GLAD your in the know. BMX is now off the radar and out of the phone business forever. You da man. So now where is my update?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ya. BMX turned out to be a troll and clearly got everyone's attention and expectations up a couple months ago only to find he doesn't have a clue. GLAD your in the know. BMX is now off the radar and out of the phone business forever. You da man. So now where is my update?

Check back next week. There will be a new rumor circulating. Me? I'll happily wait until the devs get a hold of new source from Google. I've given up on Verizon OTAs.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Josefius

Reaction score
Check back next week. There will be a new rumor circulating. Me? I'll happily wait until the devs get a hold of new source from Google. I've given up on Verizon OTAs.

Same here, screw Verizon.

wolfman4u

Reaction score
billyk said:
"Today after 11am we will see some OTA update LOVE"

Would be very cool.

billyk + + +) as Donald Trump would say: "YOUR FIRED" (NOT COOL)

billyk

Reaction score
Hey Wolf - not me who said that - I was just repeating an earlier post and thought an update today would be a welcomed thing.

You can fire me anyway though :)

OP
Crankintopwater69

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey Wolf - not me who said that - I was just repeating an earlier post and thought an update today would be a welcomed thing.

You can fire me anyway though :)
billyk said it woiuld be after 11am.He started this RUMOR!!!!:icon_ devil:

Reaction score
A guy on another forum went to his local Verizon store today, and the Gnex on display was running 4.0.4 and the build date was April 13.

Not really sure what we are all waiting for, the update is going to be the April 13 build so we might as well install it ourselves since it's readily available.

Time to do some research on getting this done.

Steve

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I do have something interesting to add....

The last 2 days, I have not been able to receive text messages (but could make calls and use data). I finally went to send a text message and I got a "You are not connected to a network" error. So I called Verizon and we went through several steps including a factory reset. Then this happened

Rep: "There's one more thing we can try. I'm going to push this update to you and see if it helps."

Me: "There's an update?"

Rep: "Well it hasn't been officially released yet and I can't give you all the details about what's included, but I'll push it and see if it helps."

Me: "Ok!"

Of course, the update didn't come through. He told me that was odd and that he'd order me a new phone that would be here tomorrow. I was hoping I'd have something more to give you guys, but since it never came through, all I can do is tell the story.

So, apparently the official push (of whatever build it is) is not too far away.