The "Official" Waiting for an Update Thread

kunzy

Reaction score
Well its 1am east coast and No update for me..... hope it was a pm OTA update

EzE

Reaction score
Say what you want, but I can appreciate Verizon testing to ensure these updates are 'sound' and will work with the Network. As a Technician it is frustrating to have some of these devices on a Network!
So many want everything right now and when it crashes you are upset. Do your homework before purchase!

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
Say what you want, but I can appreciate Verizon testing to ensure these updates are 'sound' and will work with the Network. As a Technician it is frustrating to have some of these devices on a Network!
So many want everything right now and when it crashes you are upset. Do your homework before purchase!

as most know i didnt buy this device in anyway to wait on goggle or verizon updates.
but

its hard to do homework when they lie about the subject.

Nexus devices were to be known to be updated by Google.
Google kept source code for this phone up until after its first month of sales.

than they removed source files for the Verizon device and stated they wouldn't support it like the standard for nexus.

I believe this was intentional deception by both companies. and many bought the phone with the expectation of it being a real nexus.

and none of this was done until after the return periods of early purchasers, so they have every right to be mad and believe they were betrayed.

Not all buy nexus devices to unlock and root and install custom roms, But up to this fiasco they did expect frequent updates by Google. and the expectation that it would be an early upgrade device to jellybean when it came and it appears that , that is highly unlikely also. so they got jobbed (good play on words ? :) )

on the phone front i haven't figured out the complaints of the phone keep in mind of course i'm not on stock rom. but i have not had any problems with the phone (besides the other person stops hearing you but that hasn't happened in over a month now).

I love this phone but we all got conned as it is not a true Google nexus device its a galaxy 2 1/2.

aggiechase37

Reaction score
I don't care. I'm on M5 AOKP with Faux 17u kernel, and I'm more than happy. Of course I'm not going to turn 4.0.5 down. But I'm not going to come off AOKP, unless something crazy happens.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well its 1am east coast and No update for me..... hope it was a pm OTA update

Its never a 1 am update...if there is actually any truth to this rumor, you probably won't be able to pull it until at least 5 pm.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reaction score
IF it does happen today, the internet will light up instantly so we will all know to check our phones.

I'm hoping it does, my battery life sucks and reception is iffy sometimes.

Steve

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Thread stuck and renamed. Please see the OP for more info :biggrin:

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thread stuck and renamed. Please see the OP for more info :biggrin:

Excellent. Thanks JSM. Not only a much less misleading title but it should also cut down on the repeat threads.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Thanks the plan! Enjoy guys and girls.

HikenGruven

Reaction score
I have heard a 11:00 am rumor via some comments. Of course there is no mention of time zone. Solar eclipses are more predictable and reliable then these updates. :)

billyk

Reaction score
"Today after 11am we will see some OTA update LOVE"

Would be very cool.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
You guys are doing the "update dance" right?! (Similar to a rain dance but a bit more involved) :p