The Official Unofficial Themes Thread

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by peteralfonso, May 31, 2010.

1. E_A_P_D

E_A_P_D New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You can watch it loadthe roms on a black screen. I had that also happen to me and had no idea what was wrong. Its all good we have all been there are some point

2. ChugIt

ChugIt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello! I registered here after I rooted (actually not my 1st time, but I didn't fully understand rooting before and unrooted). Anyways please forgive me for my ignorance and bare with me. I've looked through the forums and I must be missing something. I want to install some themes to BBV0.4 but I'm not exactly sure about the process. Can someone please point me in the right direction (maybe somewhere there's a step-by-step guide, I just don't see it). I know it says to install Fixpermissions.zip and I have NO clue what I'm doing. These themes look amazing and I really want to start getting the most out of my newly rooted Droid. Thanks for your time and help in advance, and I apologize if this question is not in the correct thread.

3. joshjunior

joshjunior New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You gotta flash your custom rom first then flash the theme. If you're already rooted you can use rom manager method or the spr method.
    I'm still new to it all but this site and YouTube have been my best friends

4. stetsonaw

stetsonaw Beta Team/Marty McFly
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
  5. BiGE

BiGE New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Modded NexTheme - Green edition for BB v0.4

Hey themers,

This is my first attempt at modding a theme, so I'm interested in your feedback. I created a Greener (literally) version of the NexTheme package for BB v0.4. It includes a cleaner battery notification widget as well as better signal reception display (i.e. indicates 2 out of 4 available bars instead of just showing 2 bars). Instructions to install can be found here.

[​IMG]

The file is hosted at my site, and you can access the link to download it here:

Android Theming Experiment - NexTheme Green edition (Bugless Beast v0.4) | www.haiensheng.com

I hope you enjoy it, and please let me know what you think!

6. ChugIt

ChugIt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm still lost. I'm afraid I'm going to brick my Droid if I do this wrong. Forgive me for the noobishness but it appears there's a specific way to install a theme to this particular ROM and I'm not finding the specifics. How do you install the theme and then fixpermissions.zip? I have the files but I don't know what to do. Can someone please lay it out? I have burnt eyes from a car accident and my vision is OK then blurry all the time. It is tough to find out exactly what to do all in one place. Can someone please tell me the steps? I'm not trying to be an annoyance, but this is all new to me and I can't afford to mess my Droid up. Thanks for helping guys.

7. MAD450r

MAD450r Theme Developer
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    first and foremost are you rooted already

If you are thats teh part that can brick your phone. Just flashing a rom cna screw up the OS not the phone itself.

If the theme you are trying to install isn't a Metamorph file then it must be and update.zip. Those can be installed usually 2 ways. One is just reboot and hold x and once in recovery then you choose install zip from sdcard. You can also do this from within rom manager if you running Koosh's recovery. If you only have SPrecovery which you gained when you rooted then you'd have to rename the file to update.zip then boot into recovery again reboot hold x on the physical keyboard. Once in sprecovery choose install update.zip and it should flash the rom for you.
    Make sure to make a nandroid backup before flashing just incase you flash a theme that doesn't work with the rom your using.
    As for the permissions.zip I've never used one but if its been setup properly as an update.zip you'd install it he same way.
    With sprecovery you'd have too be able to rename the second file and place it on the root of the sdcard to install after.

I'd suggest rom manager to do it since you can pick the theme you want and have it reboot and do the recovery commands for you. Im no expert but I hope to atleast give you some idea that you did the hard part that can brick your phone already if you ROOTED already.

8. ChugIt

ChugIt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for clarifying that for me MAD450r, I did it and it was so simple I feel stupid for asking! So I can install themes over themes the same way or is their something I gotta do to try a new theme? Sorry for the questions, I just can't find the answers flat out in the forums anywhere.

9. MAD450r

MAD450r Theme Developer
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    I would make a backup

One before you theme and name it as what rom and unthemed, then you can try many starting from that point
    putting theme over theme can cause things to get slow or broken over time. I guess it may work but just its easy enough to jump back to unthemed that way to try many other themes.

10. ChugIt

ChugIt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So go back to unthemed then re-theme is what I gather, correct? How exactly do I go unthemed with a flashed theme?

11. MAD450r

MAD450r Theme Developer
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    well you would have

Had to make a backup before you themed
    then when you name the backups if using rom manager you can rename so you know which it is.

otherwise d/l the original rom again to start over :(

12. misfyre

misfyre New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    [​IMG]