The Official Thread for No Sound after HeadPhone Use

Discussion in 'Android Support' started by Xerozix, Dec 17, 2009.

1. raceMpower95

raceMpower95 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah it seems I am still waiting for it as well. I even tried to find a DL for it online to install manually, but all i am finding are links to the system update from months ago, nothing for this current one.

2. mateoc15

mateoc15 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
  3. thechainrule

thechainrule New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Any such luck on this update yet?

My phone says its updated but yet Im still having the speaker issue. Happens after I close pandora possibly my alarm clock.

4. scottydo

scottydo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    well, add another person who is having this problem (me). let's hope that 2.1 will fix this.

#160 scottydo, Mar 31, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  5. scottydo

scottydo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i just saw that the update was finally released today. all those who had issues let us know if this fixes your audio issues.

6. privatejz

privatejz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    2.1 seems to have fixed my issues.

well my sound issues have seemed to be fixed after i manually installed the 2.1 update.

same phone/same headphones/same players

my phone was having serious issues with the sound quality being horrible. it wasn't even listenable (only when playing music, the sound to the actual phone calls was fine) i had bad 'static' type sound and even at any volume level you could barley even make out what was playing. But after i updated it has played all day today flawlessly.
    it doesn't appear that i have the issue with pulling out my headphones and answering a call but not being able to hear the caller either.

so for me the 2.1 update fixed some major errors for me... i have to have my music and was just about to go buy an ipod, but now i don't need to since the phone is in working order again.

7. BlueOvalBaby

BlueOvalBaby New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I shut my phone down, pulled the battery, waited a few minutes, reinserted the battery, and restarted the phone. Have not had this problem since.

8. scottydo

scottydo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Updated my phone with 2.1 and it seems to have fixed all my audio woes. Booyah!

9. privatejz

privatejz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    maybe its the cold weather?? because my issues are back

ok.. i am going to throw this out there for what its worth.

here i was thinking that the 2.1 update fixed my sound/headphone issues and it did work for a week... until today. while walking to work this morning after about 5 min outside it started happening again.. crackling, loss of sound etc.

here is my new theory after i thought about the timeline of the purchase of my phone, when i first started getting these issues, after the 2.1 update till today.

i purchased the phone in November, although it was still fairly warm here and the phone worked great, no issues with the sound. I started having the sound issues mid December after i got back from Vegas when the temperature started to drop.

it got so bad i stopped listening to the player all together even while i was at work, the odd thing was the times i did listen at work it sounded fine (indoors, heated). so that was happening until the magic 2.1 update came out which happened to coincide with our 80 degree week from the 30's-40's that it had been since Dec.. which i didn't think anything about, but my phone worked like a champ and just thought it was the update that fixed it.

but today we had a cold front move in and when i walked to work in the 30 degree weather my phone started acting up. ( i keep it in a chest pocket of a jacket where it got the full brunt of the north wind) within 5 min of the cold it started acting up.. thats when it hit me. I took the phone out of my jacket pocket and put it in my jeans pocket and put my hand over it and started rubbing it on my leg to warm it up ( i am sure some passers by thought i was some kind of perv. ha) but lo and behold i started getting my music back and once i got inside to work i got complete full function back with no degradation of sound. once the phone was warmed up it played and acted normal.

the damn thing just doesn't like the cold.. at least that fits my condition.

but the pulling of the headphones and answering a call and not hearing the other individual has been fixed, so thats still good.

anyway.. those are my findings... the real truth is when the f'n summer does finally get here if the phone ever acts up again then.

10. L.Rawlins

L.Rawlins New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This issue isn't just affecting the Motorola Droid.

My day old HTC Desire on the O2 network here in England has just befallen this very same issue. I find myself here through an online effort to resolve it, and thought you should all know that my identical experience points to this being Android's fault - not the Droid's.

I'm running a HTC Desire, Sense UI and Android 2.1.

I can't hear any audio over anything but Bluetooth currently. Calls, music, radio, video, notifications, alarms and the loudspeaker... I've also confirmed that the recipient can't hear me during a call now either.

I unplugged the AUX cable from my car whilst the Spotify app was still active earlier today and it would seem that for all this devices inherent wizardry, the simplest of functions has brought it to its knees until I can figure out a way to turn the phone... back into a phone.

I've tried most of the clever and crude methods discussed here but my Desire is still sans audio. Curiously, this 'two ring', 'three ring' headphone conjecture seems to hold some weight. I discovered that by slowly connecting/disconnecting a mic-less 'two-ring' set of headphones I could actually get the Sense UI to depict a headset, despite not having connected one!

My initial layman thoughts are that Android is jumping the gun as to what you've connected and not waiting for the connection to be securely made before running an audio/calling profile, and then locking up.

My only option right now is to factory reset this thing and hope that the bug clears, but I am somewhat encouraged to read that it might not be the HTC Desire's hardware. So thank you all. I hope the info that I've shared above is equally as reassuring in your individual cases.

This needs to get back to Google. I think it's the OS, not the Droid.

11. L.Rawlins

L.Rawlins New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm now looking into the app that provoked the problem, since I've noticed that playback through Spotify specifically has been noticeably stop/start (visible on the current track progress bar) regardless of the presence of any actual sound from anything on the device.

If I'm able to reinstall the Spotify app and subsequently fix my own remarkably similar issue a lot of you are having with the Droid... then perhaps the problem lies between Android and its application interface? As if something somewhere is locking up/hanging regarding the audio jack, but not in any one particular application. (Given that Spotify isn't in the US yet... I don't see it being the issue.)

Any thoughts?...

12. trumpet444

trumpet444 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've had the same crackling issues and being stuck in headphone mode problem. Another thing that I haven't seen here (i dont think) is random media player apps opening up along with the crackling. Sometimes (75% of the time) when I get that crackling noise, while I'm listening to a radio or music player, ANOTHER music player app opens on it's own and starts playing. It's happened WAY too often to be accidental button pushing and it only happens when there is a crackling noise, as if the static is somehow "telling" the phone to open another media app. Very very weird and aggravating.

Search tags for this page
android no sound after headphones
android no sound headphones

audio toggle apk

audiotoggle apk
audiotoggle apk download
audiotoggle apk free download
download audio toggle apk
galaxy s3 stuck in headphone mode
headset mode apk
no sound after unplugging headphones android