The official LG G Pro 2 Thread

Discussion in 'LG General Discussions' started by Ksupernor2, Feb 7, 2014.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. Ksupernor2

Ksupernor2 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    OK. As a LG G2 and G Pad 8.3 owner the G2 pro does look inticing but I'm go to wait and see what LG will bring with the g3. I will say that I have been very impressed with 2013 LG products! I'm counting on the g3 to be a beast. I'm very happy with the g2 so I'm sure the larger screen on the pro will be nice....... Btw I plan on keep going up in screen size... I remember when I saw the droid x2 with a 4.3" screen and thought it was ridiculous but the screens keep getting better and better and here I sit with a 5.2" screen..... And I'm going to go bigger! I love technology so bring it on! Can't wait for LG to kick some Samsung butt.! Cheers
  2. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +839
    Current Phone Model:
    Nokia Lumia Icon
    Anyone going to pick up the LG G Pro 2?

For the spec hounds this Android handset is numero uno, unless MWC 2014 changes things with the SGS5 or other Android handset. Regardless, I really like LG's handsets and the G Pro 2 will be a definite winner. Who's going to pick one up?
  3. cereal killer

Ratings:
    +839
    Current Phone Model:
    Nokia Lumia Icon
    What phone are you coming over from?

For those of you who have your eye on the LG G Pro 2, what handset are you going to retire in order to pick up this beast.
  4. cereal killer

Ratings:
    +839
    Current Phone Model:
    Nokia Lumia Icon
    If the LG G Pro 2 bootloader is locked will you still purchase it?

If the bootloader is locked up like Fort Knox will you still purchase the G Pro 2? Vote and share your answer!
  5. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 DF Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +462
    Current Phone Model:
    Xperia Z3v
    Twitter:
    smalltownlife13
    Most enticing feature of the LG G Pro 2...

With the official announcement of the device, which feature or features will possibly draw you to this particular device? For those who have not seen the news story, here is a copy of some of the features that were posted.

Some of the other advanced image capturing features built into the G Pro 2 are:

● 120FPS HD Video Recording and Slow-Motion Editing: Records in 120fps HD and allows editing of video in three different speeds — one-half slow motion, one-fourth slow motion and original
    ● 4K ULTRA HD Recording: Records video footage in ultra-high definition mode for playback on 4K TV sets
    ● Magic Focus: After the shot is taken, the user has the option to select the preferred depth of focus before saving. Users could also press the ‘All in Focus’ icon to set focus on all spots of the picture.
    ● Natural Flash: Offers a much more balanced color temperature and exposure compared to the normal flash, which results in a most natural image just as it is in real life.
    ● Flash for Selfie: Reduces the size of the preview screen and adds a bright white background for more “soft” lighting in self-portrait mode
    ● Burst Shot: Takes up to 20 continuous shots and automatically edits them to create a video of the captured images
    ● Gallery Collage: Allows users to select photos from their gallery to create a collage for easy uploading to favorite social network sites

In addition to the latest components, the G Pro 2 also boasts a collection of upgraded features that complements today’s mobile lifestyle where much of the information we need is in the palm of our hands or in our back pockets. Some of these new UX features include:

● Content Lock: Provides users more security with the ability to lock files, photos, videos and memos with a unique password
    ● Mini View: Enables users to comfortably use the G Pro 2 with one hand by shrinking the display to a size ranging from 3.4 inches to 4.7 inches, depending on the user’s preference
    ● Dual Browser: Divides the expansive screen into two separate browser windows for more convenient surfing

Availability of G Pro 2 in markets outside of Korea has not yet been determined but attendees to the 2014 Mobile World Congress can experience the G Pro 2 and its features first-hand at LG’s Booth in Hall 3 of Fira Gran Via.

Key Specifications:
    - Chipset: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 800 (2.26 GHz Quad-Core)
    - GPU: Qualcomm Technologies’ Adreno™ 330
    - Display: 5.9-inch Full HD IPS (1920 x 1080), Slim Bezel
    - Memory: 3GB DDR3 RAM / 16GB/32GB eMMC ROM / microSD slot
    - Camera: Rear 13.0MP OIS+ / Front 2.1MP
    - Battery: 3,200mAh (removable)
    - Operating System: Android 4.4 KitKat
    - Size: 157.9 x 81.9 x 8.3mm
    - Weight: 172g
    - Network: LTE / HSPA+
    - Connectivity: Bluetooth Smart Ready (BT 4.0) / USB / WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac) / NFC / SlimPort
    - Colors: Titan, White, Silver
    - Other: Knock Code™, 1W Hi-Fi Sound, Content Lock
  6. smalltowngirl13

Ratings:
    +462
    Current Phone Model:
    Xperia Z3v
    Twitter:
    smalltownlife13
    Is the LG G Pro 2 upgrade worthy from the G2 or any of the newer LG devices?

Do you currently have one of the newer LG devices? If so, is the revealing of the LG G Pro 2 worthy of an upgrade or will you hold out and see what else LG is bringing in the next few months?

I am quite interested in seeing this phablet hit the market and who knows, it might give me a reason to look at something other than Samsung - at least for a bit.
  7. 94lt1

94lt1 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,020
    Jess has the g2 and its a pretty decent phone..I may check out the pro...I'm looking for a place to jump should i need to..ya know..if moto goes against my vision of all that should be...he he..lol
  8. 94lt1

94lt1 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,020
    Um..a g2...if I like it..a droid maxx...not sure..
  9. wicked

wicked DF Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +471
    Coming from the S4. Will be getting either the S5 or this.
  10. Hugh Jass

Hugh Jass Senior Member

Ratings:
    +88
    Video features are defiantly nice, slow motion is an awesome feature that I can honestly say I wish the G2 had of any other feature on the market.
  11. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +1,463
    My feel about bootloaders have change in the past 3 years. First I personally would not want to buy a locked down phone in fact that is the reason I did not want to upgrade to the note 3 from my note 2. The note 2 is a few months removed from 4.3 and I am running the latest kit kat software. With that said running the latest and greatest is not for every body. Samsung (and other oems) have seen the value of a secured device. Since Blackberry has sunk Apple have been cashing in on the business dollars of companies providing business phones for employees. Unlike an individual, that business money is not only guaranteed but you know you have the chance to sell units. Take a company that have 5000 employees and they want say 100 of their executives to have secured phones for business. For a company like apple that is at least 6000 of the bat and if they like the product they will come back for other devices like ipads. But also they go to the company and offer a employee discount program so the other 5900 employees may buy an apple product.

Samsung put Knox on their phones so they can get a slice of that corporate pie, where Apple goes Samsung go and where Samsung goes Lg will go so it was a matter of when not if. All I ask is for the option to buy a developer phone so I can unlock the boot loader. I believe that was the issue with the blow back for locked bootloaders a few years ago. The fact that there were no options to opt out but now that there is I am cool with it because people who work in secure areas need a secured device.
  12. NOVICE

NOVICE Active Member

Ratings:
    +30
    Looks like an outstanding device with camera/video features that exceed those of my Note 3. (Though I can shoot 4k on my phone if I had the need.)

But I'm not giving up the S pen until someone comes up with a superior alternative.
  13. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +1,463
  14. Dalvik_Cache

Dalvik_Cache DF Super Moderator Premium Member

Ratings:
    +125
    I will. I don't care about a locked boot loader. I do require root to be happy, however. :)
  15. smalltowngirl13

Ratings:
    +462
    Current Phone Model:
    Xperia Z3v
    Twitter:
    smalltownlife13
    I think the S Pen is one of the reasons that the Note series has done well and as an S Pen user, it would be bittersweet to use another phablet that did not have some type of stylus available...