The official "I've pre-ordered a Droid RAZR" thread!

Trash Can

Reaction score
I've been trying to place my wife's pre order for 45 minutes now, keep getting this. Anyone else?

exclamation.gif
Authorization Timed out. At this time we are unable to verify your payment due to system unavailability, Please try later

I have been trying all morning and all I get is "the selection is not available at this time..."

Oh well. Maybe it's a sign that I should wait until the Nexus and Vigor, or whatever HTC's next phone is named, are all out. :blink:

I pre-ordered two this morning just after 5 AM PT and the order went through without any problems. Received email confirmation almost immediately.

Venomhatch

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 Plus - 128GB
I pre-ordered two this morning just after 5 AM PT and the order went through without any problems. Received email confirmation almost immediately.

When you were going through the sale. Did it offer you the razr at 249.99 at first? It did for me, but then in modifing the features it took it back up to 299.99 for one, and 319.99 for the other? hmmm

Trash Can

Reaction score
When you were going through the sale. Did it offer you the razr at 249.99 at first? It did for me, but then in modifing the features it took it back up to 299.99 for one, and 319.99 for the other? hmmm

Yes, I noticed that also. $249 initially, then it changed to $299 sometime during the process, then an additional $20 "early upgrade fee" at checkout.

Venomhatch

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 Plus - 128GB
Yes, I noticed that also. $249 initially, then it changed to $299 sometime during the process, then an additional $20 "early upgrade fee" at checkout.

Yes, thank you, I was WTF! Still better than 699.99 but still. I am going in store to sort this out. If I have a chance to save 100 dollars I want it lol. Then VZ takes my OG Doid back at 24.00 per phone. That would be 148.00 Back in my pocket.

Trash Can

Reaction score
Yes, thank you, I was WTF! Still better than 699.99 but still. I am going in store to sort this out. If I have a chance to save 100 dollars I want it lol. Then VZ takes my OG Doid back at 24.00 per phone. That would be 148.00 Back in my pocket.

My guess is that it was a glitch since VZW announced it was $299 and it will be pretty tough to get some money back without a screen shot. Wish I would've taken one.

Venomhatch

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 Plus - 128GB
My guess is that it was a glitch since VZW announced it was $299 and it will be pretty tough to get some money back without a screen shot. Wish I would've taken one.
I did! Muhaahahahhaha! And took a photo on my phone of it on my computer as well.

silver6054

Reaction score
I did! Muhaahahahhaha! And took a photo on my phone of it on my computer as well.

If the page just before you submit shows the "right" (i.e. high!) price, I would guess you are out of luck. That is the price you are agreeing to when you finally place the order. The earlier pages aren't binding on Verizon.

Venomhatch

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 Plus - 128GB
If the page just before you submit shows the "right" (i.e. high!) price, I would guess you are out of luck. That is the price you are agreeing to when you finally place the order. The earlier pages aren't binding on Verizon.

After I select which devices to upgrade, it takes you to the device list. I then selected razr it zoomed in and showed 249.99 as the price. Hit add two to cart. Moved on and it popped back up once into the next screen saying my one was now going to be 299.99 and hers went from 249 to 319??? Hmmm

Venomhatch

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 Plus - 128GB

Hey Trash Can, I spoke to someone in store and they said because online doesn't give discounts you would have to go into store for the discount. They said the store doesn't honor discounts and that is why it went back up.

Trash Can

Reaction score
Hey Trash Can, I spoke to someone in store and they said because online doesn't give discounts you would have to go into store for the discount. They said the store doesn't honor discounts and that is why it went back up.

That makes absolutely no sense because online discounts are normally better than what a corporate store can/will offer. It is what it is.... I'll inquire more about it once I receive my phones. Thanks for the heads up!

Venomhatch

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 Plus - 128GB
That makes absolutely no sense because online discounts are normally better than what a corporate store can/will offer. It is what it is.... I'll inquire more about it once I receive my phones. Thanks for the heads up!

Ok so to get this deal of 249.99 for one and 269.99 for the second if your getting a second one that is. You have to wait til it gets in store for this discount. The Verizon agent I asked said if your getting any type of discount I'd have to wait til the day it is in stock. Then they can apply any discounts you are getting once it is there. According to my boss which could not sell to me directly he said the same thing. So that is two stores saying this. I don't know how anyone is getting any deals they claim online. He said the system doesn't allow it at this time.