The official "I've got my Galaxy S3" thread!

kparks

Reaction score
Recieved my phone today.. Is anyone's automatic brightness seem to always be a tad bit low like in a dark room its really pissin me off lol

KOUSAKA-SAN

Reaction score
Recieved my phone today.. Is anyone's automatic brightness seem to always be a tad bit low like in a dark room its really pissin me off lol

No kidding! its really dark! I spent 15 minutes looking for the control widget and couldnt find it. (the bar with the wifi, gps, brightness control etc)
I had to go to settings to make the screen brighter. But if I set it now, the screen will look black outside. At least with the widget I have it on my home page so that I can just tap that spot till I see the screen.

shortsxit

Reaction score

The default brightness is set really, really low. It actually changes from app to app (the browser is known to switch the brightness back down to low), so you might have to mess around with it a bit.

kparks

Reaction score
KOUSAKA-SAN said:
No kidding! its really dark! I spent 15 minutes looking for the control widget and couldnt find it. (the bar with the wifi, gps, brightness control etc)
I had to go to settings to make the screen brighter. But if I set it now, the screen will look black outside. At least with the widget I have it on my home page so that I can just tap that spot till I see the screen.

That option came in a update for the sprint and att model's only i think.. Its prolly coming soon but seriously i got to take auto brightness off because its always a bit too dim. The phone is ok so far i miss my tbolt this samsung is a bit better than i expected but it feels cheep as hell

AtlPikMan

Reaction score
It wasnt easy but, I have mine. I called Fed Ex Sunday and asked them to make sure the driver leaves it at my leasing office because I would be at work. The csr told me that it would be delivered before 3pm on Tuesday and was possible, So im tracking everything from my Droid X and im also watching the battery die. All day long its on schedule around 2:40 the tracking info shows a problem with delivery. Im thinking the driver came to my door and sees that im not home, his next move will be the leasing office and everything would be ok. The driver couldn't deliver so he took it back to the sort facility, thankfully I live close, I go there and finally get my phone after I convince the Fed Ex person that that package really belongs to me even tho it has someone elses name on it....I ended up having to scramble and rush over to VZW to get a sim card minutes before they closed. It wasnt pretty but, I have it and it was worth it.

zacedward

Reaction score
Beka27 said:
As was mine and my husband's. We had a little cardboard packet tucked inside of our red VZW booklet. Maybe yours fell out or something during packing? Strange.

Yeah mine was hidden so it should be there oh well least he got one sweet

huskur

Reaction score
Yes, Check your red booklet for the SIM. If there is not one there then just go to a VZW store and they will give you one for free.

FreyGrimrod

Reaction score
Just got the 32 pebble blue home 32 m across installed do I sell it for a developer is the question....

jgmecarter

Reaction score
FreyGrimrod said:
Just got the 32 pebble blue home 32 m across installed do I sell it for a developer is the question....

I like the fact that they came out with a developer S3 but since it is not selling through Verizon it is going to be harder to sell the normal S3 at the price you will want for it.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just got mine, charging as we speak, once fully charged will activate it.

Sent from my HTC Rezound with ICS using Droid Forums

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+