The Official 'I just got my Droid Turbo 2' Thread!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I was camping on Sat with some family. Of course what's the #1 thing you need when you camp? Flashlight. I think half my family want a Moto phone now because they saw me using twist-to-flash all night and commenting on it.

My cousin (in law) said at one point: "OK now you're just showing off." hahaha -and then asks "Is there an app that will do that on iPhone?"
You think Apple would allow an app that kind of access to the camera LED? I reallllly doubt it.

You just reminded me of something that I forgot to post. 2 weeks ago I helped 5 co-workers build a new shed on a Saturday for one of their Father's. The project ran a little past sun-down. all 5 other people had some form of Samsung phone. Once it started getting dark, everyone was fumbling to find their flashlight app or On / Off feature so we could see what we needed to pick up & put away until the next morning. I pull out my Turbo 2 and chop...chop...flashlight On. Everyone stopped and asked "what the heck did you just do?". So I got the chance to show off another cool Moto App feature. They were all trying to "chop" their phone to no avail; and wondering where that option was on their phones. All I could say was....should have bought a Moto! :cool:

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
I DO use that flashlight feature a lot more than I thought I would. I always just had an app button loaded on my home screen on my previous phones, but that chop-chop motion actually works quite nicely. I did feel a bit silly doing it the first couple of times, but now, I honestly don't care if I look odd, I get my flashlight on easily and much quicker than anyone else.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Does anyone else look like a homicidal maniac when they're trying to shake their camera on..?? Had a little girl and her mom walk by yesterday and say...that Pokemon must be misbehaving....I was like what?? No. I'm trying to get my ..nevermind... lol

Ganzor

Reaction score
Just got mine on an insurance claim after I dropped my Ultra and shattered the screen last night. Am I late to the party?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Just got mine on an insurance claim after I dropped my Ultra and shattered the screen last night. Am I late to the party?
No, never. There is a newer Droid out (the Z Series) but the Turbo 2 is still an awesome phone and fully capable. Enjoy!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Ganzor

Reaction score
My droid succession has been...

Droid X when it was new.
Droid Bionic as my final upgrade before Verizon tried to force me out of my unlimited plan (I still have my unlimited plan)
Droid Ultra when I dropped the Bionic one too many times and the lower half of the touch screen didn't want to work any more.
And now this Turbo 2. They just keep getting bigger.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Yea but when you go back to use one of the old ones, they feel small now. Lol.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk