The Official "I got my Sony Xperia Z3V" Thread

Discussion in 'Sony Xperia Z3 & Z3V' started by wicked, Oct 22, 2014.

1. wicked

wicked Administrator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,740
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL
    Twitter:
    @MikeAlvez
    Well, we're only one day away from the Sony Xperia Z3v release by Verizon! Please post in here once you get yours and let us know what you think about your new device! :D

• Like Like x 1
  2. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,530
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2
    If not for the turbo.. I'd be in line for this thing..

3. FoxKat

FoxKat Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,290
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
  4. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,026
    Current Phone Model:
    Z Force 2
    Twitter:
    smalltownlife13
    Picked mine up a bit ago and definitely like the feel of the device in hand! It is smooth, snappy, fluid - everything I wanted.

Overall phone size, is comparable to the LG G3 but the screen is a bit smaller (size of the G2)...no complaints on the screen tho - it is beautiful!

Setting the phone up now so I can put it thru the paces - at least for me anyway :)...

• Like Like x 5
  5. bkdodger

bkdodger Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +4,409
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6
    Nice STG...congrats on the new addition... Make sure to dunk it in water when you get a chance.. And test that camera... Is there root? Lol

One+1

• Like Like x 1
  6. smalltowngirl13

Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,026
    Current Phone Model:
    Z Force 2
    Twitter:
    smalltownlife13
    I haven't looked into root yet - I am hoping so but I figured I might wait a day LOL...definitely camera pictures this afternoon and a test in the sun (if it ever comes out LOL)....

• Like Like x 1
  7. FoxKat

FoxKat Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,290
    Current Phone Model:
    Take a bowl from your kitchen cabinet and fill it up with water stick your fingers in one side of the bowl and put the camera and upside down in the other side and take a picture of your fingers.

• Like Like x 2
  8. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,530
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2
    Awesome idea.. But if it were me.. I wouldn't chance it lol..

• Like Like x 1
  9. pchain

pchain Senior Member

Ratings:
    +107
    I bought the Z3v 3 days ago.

Love it.

Great battery life... 8 hrs 41 mins screen time on first full charge.

Great camera... Need to play with the manual settings more but wow this takes some clear and gorgeous shots. The dedicated camera key is so nice to have again.

Screen is clear and bright... I have been using it at around 40-50% with adaptive lighting enabled. If it were brighter I'd need to squint or I'd go blind. Outdoors wasnt a problem after cranking it up a bit.

Operation is smooth and fast and efficient. I haven't experienced even one glitch or lag. I'm not used to this...LOL. I doubt anyone would tell the difference between the 805 or the 801 processor in real world use.

Call quality is good. I've read a few reviews say that the call quality was not good. My call quality has been clearer than my last two Samsung's by a long shot. Others say I'm clear as well. One thing I do agree with other reviewers is the earpiece is a little tricky in its placement and where you have to put it up against your head. But I've adapted quickly and its no problem. One thing I did notice that some of the sound vibrates through the back of the phone when you talk.

The radio reception is better than my last two Samsung's. Comparing side by side, the Z3v is consistently 4dBm better, which is a welcome thing for me since I live in a not so good reception area.

Design... This is a subjective aspect. Because the Z3v more resembles the Z2 than the Z3 in its more blocky slab form, reviewers have shunned it saying it has a dated design. This is just my opinion, but whether its dated or not, this thing looks professional and sleek in my eyes. I happen to be a fan of the slab form factor though. To me the slab design will never look dated, but I barely know how to dress my self with matching clothes so what do I know. :). The one thing about the design that is a little worrisome for me is the glass back. I'm getting used to it and not feeling like I need to baby this thing the more I use it. I'm not sure if I'm going to get a case or not yet. The phone does have a small frame that just barely sticks up over the glass on both sides to protect the glass. At first I didn't like this and thought it was too sharp. I've grown accustomed to it now and actually like having the positive finger reference. Putting a screen protector on pretty much negates the edge so if you don't like the edge that would be a way to handle it.

So far with a couple days under my belt with this thing I have to say how pleased I am with this device. It's solid... It's a winner if you're on Verizon.

#9 pchain, Oct 27, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
    • Like Like x 4
  10. Cattledog1969

Cattledog1969 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just got this device today, its a cool phone, but the Walkman App is giving me some trouble. After trouble shooting and investigating through trial and error, I've found that it will only play music that is either ripped in a hi bit rate in MP3 format or music that I bought from online music stores, iTunes, Amazon, Google, ect. It will not play music that's been ripped in Windows Media Player format, which totally stinks because most of my CDs are ripped to that format. Anyone else having this issue??

11. smalltowngirl13

Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,026
    Current Phone Model:
    Z Force 2
    Twitter:
    smalltownlife13
    I have not used that app, as I have everything thru the Google Music app... Hopefully you find a workaround for the issue tho!

Sent while mobile...

12. FoxKat

FoxKat Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,290
    Current Phone Model:
    OK folks, the saga continues... The Xperia Z3V (Not the Z3) is also not able to do simultaneous voice and data over cellular...

Sony Xperia Z3v Now Available on Verizon Page 7 Android Forums at DroidForums.net

This is the same issue everyone has been complaining about with the Droid Turbo (seems nobody also knew it's the same with the Moto X 2014), but now my sources are proven correct, it's ALL Verizon Branded new phones... Hence the "V" after Z3.

Search tags for this page
how to root xperia z3v
otterbox defender black sony z3 case images
otterbox sony z3v case 2015 images

root z3v

sony xperia z3v back glass

sony z3v droid turbo

sony z3v root

xperia z3v back glass
z3v ir blaster

z3v root