The OFFICIAL "I got my HTC Droid DNA" thread

pb1bicdic

Reaction score
Has anybody lost their little rubber type cover for the charging port? I was wondering whether to just pull it off now to save the trouble.

Lost my cover a couple of days ago, I say yeah just pull it.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

orateam

Reaction score
Got my phone yesterday. $375 on swappa on V's unlimited grandfathered plan. Awesome phone comapred to the RAZR. no slowdowns whatsover no matter what i throw down it's gullet. Beautiful screen with much better battery life than the RAZR too.

slickerthanyou

Reaction score
On my second DNA, First one was great for about one week, then I kept getting a Sim card lockout message and the phone would lock up. Only solution was to power off remove sim card re-install power back up worked for about five days and then did the same thing, decided to contact support and they suggested a new sim card, Well that didn't work also I have the otter box on it and was having issues with poeple hearing me talk unless I held the phone on my lips.

Two days ago Verizon sent me a replacement, no problems with the sim car so far or anyone hearing me talk, however The navigation (google) i think not verzion doesn't work and also it won't find my location , yes mobile data is on, wifi is on, The little sattelite thing comes up, then it goes back to the main screen. Sucks as i really like the navigation! Love the phone fast, easy just one problem after anotrher so far!:frown:

vannDROID

Reaction score
On my second DNA, First one was great for about one week, then I kept getting a Sim card lockout message and the phone would lock up. Only solution was to power off remove sim card re-install power back up worked for about five days and then did the same thing, decided to contact support and they suggested a new sim card, Well that didn't work also I have the otter box on it and was having issues with poeple hearing me talk unless I held the phone on my lips.

Two days ago Verizon sent me a replacement, no problems with the sim car so far or anyone hearing me talk, however The navigation (google) i think not verzion doesn't work and also it won't find my location , yes mobile data is on, wifi is on, The little sattelite thing comes up, then it goes back to the main screen. Sucks as i really like the navigation! Love the phone fast, easy just one problem after anotrher so far!:frown:

I believe you have to disable the verizon location services and just use the three google services. I had the same problem and someone on this thread mentioned that verizon's data conflicts with googles. Ever since I disabled the verizon service it shows my current location and weather for my home screen. I never use the verizon service except for navigation.

FLRN

Reaction score
Just got my Droid DNA today - we switched from T-Mobile to Verizon. I had an HTC phone, so liked the brand. I'm having a hard time getting used to it, it's very different than my MyTouch Slide. One big problem is I can't figure out how to get to my "files" that I put on the phone via USB connection. I see them in the folder, but once I "unplug" from the computer I can't find a place to get to my folders. So if I copy a PDF (or any file) onto my phone, how do I get to it? It is a nice looking phone, and can't believe how much thinner it is than my other one.

Robster

Reaction score
FLRN, to see your files you need a file manager like ES File Explorer from the Play Store. Once installed you can look at all the files on your phone.

FLRN

Reaction score
FLRN, to see your files you need a file manager like ES File Explorer from the Play Store. Once installed you can look at all the files on your phone.

Thanks! I did get Astro File Manager - which I had on the T-mobile phone, was just hoping to be able to do it without another app. My husband got a Samsung Galaxy Note II and it has a "files" folder right on the front screen, so was looking for something like that. It's a learning curve on this phone for sure - somehow I deleted all of my contacts, even though it said there were 168 in google (which was checked) it only showed 3? Still learning, and appreciate everyone's
knowledge. Jamie

noizyme

Reaction score
I gotta new Droid!

Purchased mine yesterday at Verizon. I originally purchased a Nokia Lumia 822 (after only having Android phones in the past), and the Windows experience was not for me. Went back and exchanged that for the Droid DNA (at extra charge of course).

First impressions: I can see how the phone lives up to its hype. Crisp quality on the interface, 1080p cameras built in, equally crisp audio, excellent built-in settings not included in the Windows phone (Windows didn't even have an option to lock the screen from auto rotating when turned on its side?).

Would change: having a removable battery and fixing the 'mass storage' communication between certain USB devices and the phone (devices like my MP3 receiver in my car look for the 'mass storage' ID on flash drives and similar phones I had in the past).

crypto

Reaction score
Just got a DNA yesterday, came from a galaxy nexus. Hardware wise this is an amazing phone. Software, I'd love to get rid of sense completely so I'm hoping someone gets the bootloader unlocked on the newest update. For now nova launcher will solve most of my sense woes

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

user242

Reaction score
I got mine recently about a week ago. I went from a Thunderbolt. So far I love the dna much better in every way compared to my previous Thunderbolt. I have the stock Verizon case/holster for $9 shipped from eBay also ordered a Zagg type front and back invisible film protector. Everything looks and fits great!

Now my only recent gripe is with the screen sensitivity. When scrolling through Web pages etc. I keep opening up unwanted links and apps even though I'm lightly touching the screen. It's getting frustrating and I don't want to hit a drop down menu and accidentally hit a delete button and screw things up for me. Anyone else having some screen selection sensitivity issues with their DNA phones?

rvcjew

Reaction score
I got mine recently about a week ago. I went from a Thunderbolt. So far I love the dna much better in every way compared to my previous Thunderbolt. I have the stock Verizon case/holster for $9 shipped from eBay also ordered a Zagg type front and back invisible film protector. Everything looks and fits great!

Now my only recent gripe is with the screen sensitivity. When scrolling through Web pages etc. I keep opening up unwanted links and apps even though I'm lightly touching the screen. It's getting frustrating and I don't want to hit a drop down menu and accidentally hit a delete button and screw things up for me. Anyone else having some screen selection sensitivity issues with their DNA phones?

I'm having this sometimes but I have a otterbox defender so I think it's more to do with the plastic over the screen. It helps if you enable devolpeper options then in advanced check "use 2d gpu rendering", also in settings, display and gestures, uncheck HTC gestures and get beyond two finger multi touch support.

EDIT: that won't change sensitivity but will speed up the phone. putting all animations at .5x instead of 1.0x will also do this visually.

Sent from my DROID DNA

Last edited:

Dickgtax

Reaction score
I had an HTC Incredible from the opening date of April 2010 to two weeks ago, when I dropped my phone and a car ran over it. I went to a Verizon store and borrowed a salesman's phone to call my wife. When she answered I couldn't believe how loud and clear her voice was compared to my Incredible. His phone was a DNA.
Long story short. I didn't bother with the insurance and signed a new contract on the spot. Got my new DNA and an Otter
box case.
Since it's an HTC, a lot of the setup was the same as the Incredible, which made it pretty painless. Then, I started discovering new things each day. Like I could see the screen outside. I like the bigger, brighter screen. Putting apps in folders. The ability to put shortcuts on the screen like a computer. How much faster it is. Notification sounds for e-mail messages. Bigger standard battery.
In other words: Everything I liked about the Incredible and more. It's the Incredible on steroids!

user242

Reaction score
I'm having this sometimes but I have a otterbox defender so I think it's more to do with the plastic over the screen. It helps if you enable devolpeper options then in advanced check "use 2d gpu rendering", also in settings, display and gestures, uncheck HTC gestures and get beyond two finger multi touch support.

EDIT: that won't change sensitivity but will speed up the phone. putting all animations at .5x instead of 1.0x will also do this visually.

Sent from my DROID DNA

Thanks you for advice. I made the changes you suggested and so far so good :)

Geekkk

Reaction score
HTC-Droid-DNA-x.jpg

HTC-Droid-DNA-6.jpg

good and limited offer: HTC DROID DNA ? limited offer | Xamb

alanb4130

Reaction score
Just took advantage of the Free sort of offer Thursday. Will have 2 HTC DNA's one for myself and one for my wife on Monday. There was a $30 upgrade charge for each one. I am a long time Verizon Customer and My upgrade date wasnt until June 4th and I finally after a few different calls found someone that helped me and processed my order and changed my upgrade date so I could take advantage of this offer. Still not a bad deal at all. This phone is being discontinued for sure my guess since this offer ends the 21st and the new big announcement is on the 22nd probably for the HTC ONE. But from reading all of the comments from people out there they are very happy with this phone.