Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Post in here once you get your HTC Droid DNA! Let us know your thoughts on the device!

Thanks!

bwhite757

Reaction score
Got mine a couple hours ago. Took them forever to get it activated, but they eventually did and good to go now.

Loving the speed of this phone. It plows through applications and multitasking much better than my GS3. The screen is awesome and I haven't been on Sense in a while but I'm actually kinda liking it. Last HTC phone I had was the Thunderbolt. I'm just hoping signal is better on this phone compared to the GS3. Won't know til I get home. I live out in the sticks so getting a signal is tough for my phones. Moto and Apple phones seem to be the only ones that won't drop a call, hoping I can add this phone to the list.

Can't wait to root it and get this bloatware off though!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Got mine a couple hours ago. Took them forever to get it activated, but they eventually did and good to go now.

Loving the speed of this phone. It plows through applications and multitasking much better than my GS3. The screen is awesome and I haven't been on Sense in a while but I'm actually kinda liking it. Last HTC phone I had was the Thunderbolt. I'm just hoping signal is better on this phone compared to the GS3. Won't know til I get home. I live out in the sticks so getting a signal is tough for my phones. Moto and Apple phones seem to be the only ones that won't drop a call, hoping I can add this phone to the list.

Can't wait to root it and get this bloatware off though!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Congrats! :icon_ banana:

geoff5093

Reaction score
Got mine at 10AM this morning, I love it! Of course the battery life isn't that great, I spent 10 minutes setting up my e-mail, and it went from 100% to 89% :(

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Got mine at 10AM this morning, I love it! Of course the battery life isn't that great, I spent 10 minutes setting up my e-mail, and it went from 100% to 89% :(

Congrats! Battery life should improve once the cache builds up. Give it a day or 2.

mnowak1228

Reaction score
Arrived at my local store at 9am when they opened and was out and fully operational by 9:30. Put it on my car charger went to work and threw it on the charger there and set up all of my accounts. I came from the DROID RAZR so I dont mind the small battery size. It took about 2 hrs to fully charge from about 50% from the store. The performance is through the roof fast, and the 1080 LCD is awesome. Camera shutter speed is fast as Hell and the detailed pics are phenomenal, compared to the RAZR at least!! On my way home from work I kept watching the signal and in spots where Id lose ALL RADIOS I have 3G on the DNA. At home I would rarely get 4G with the RAZR but with the DNA I get a consistent 3-4 bars of 4G signal. Ill be able to see more with the battery life after tomorrow when I wont have a charger at my disposal, but overall so far Im extremely:icon_ banana: happy with this phone!!!

NOTE: As of right now I have 88% on the battery and a total of 1H 47M off the charger and I was messing with the camera, playing music, checking emails, and updating FB.

Last edited:

BewareOfButtlice

Reaction score
Got mine in the mail yesterday and activated it first thing at 1:10pm ish... Anyway, so far i am loving this phone over my old POS HTC Droid Incredible with extended battery. The battery life kicks the **** out of the Inc with the extended battery so far. Love how fast everything opens and dont have to wait. Havent got to play much on 4g though. Seems like the phone might be durable?? I dont want to be the first to drop the phone and probably wont be getting a case for it since i have never dropped my old phone...

Heres a look at my battery graph after a day of texting, lots of facebook, couple youtube videos, and some web browsing. Picture was taken when battery was at 9%
View attachment 58515

I might be bias since ive only had the Inc as a phone but i dont know why everyone is saying to avoid this phone at all costs and wait for another phone... Theres ALWAYS going to be a newer, better phone released.

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Arrived at my local store at 9am when they opened and was out and fully operational by 9:30. Put it on my car charger went to work and threw it on the charger there and set up all of my accounts. I came from the DROID RAZR so I dont mind the small battery size. It took about 2 hrs to fully charge from about 50% from the store. The performance is through the roof fast, and the 1080 LCD is awesome. Camera shutter speed is fast as Hell and the detailed pics are phenomenal, compared to the RAZR at least!! On my way home from work I kept watching the signal and in spots where Id lose ALL RADIOS I have 3G on the DNA. At home I would rarely get 4G with the RAZR but with the DNA I get a consistent 3-4 bars of 4G signal. Ill be able to see more with the battery life after tomorrow when I wont have a charger at my disposal, but overall so far Im extremely:icon_ banana: happy with this phone!!!

NOTE: As of right now I have 88% on the battery and a total of 1H 47M off the charger and I was messing with the camera, playing music, checking emails, and updating FB.

Got mine in the mail yesterday and activated it first thing at 1:10pm ish... Anyway, so far i am loving this phone over my old POS HTC Droid Incredible with extended battery. The battery life kicks the **** out of the Inc with the extended battery so far. Love how fast everything opens and dont have to wait. Havent got to play much on 4g though. Seems like the phone might be durable?? I dont want to be the first to drop the phone and probably wont be getting a case for it since i have never dropped my old phone...

Heres a look at my battery graph after a day of texting, lots of facebook, couple youtube videos, and some web browsing. Picture was taken when battery was at 9%
View attachment 58515

I might be bias since ive only had the Inc as a phone but i dont know why everyone is saying to avoid this phone at all costs and wait for another phone... Theres ALWAYS going to be a newer, better phone released.

Congrats and great to hear you guys are loving the DNA so far! :big smile:

comk4ver

Reaction score
Boyfriend just got his an hour ago. He claims that the DNA is a global phone, that's not accurate right?

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Boyfriend just got his an hour ago. He claims that the DNA is a global phone, that's not accurate right?

I believe most newer 4G phones are yes, I do think you have to have Verizon give you a pin number to unlock the SIM slot though so you can use other SIM's in it, but good luck trying to get Verizon to do that...

And congrats on the new phone for him, make you sure you play with it :p

comk4ver

Reaction score
I take it that the pin is particular to each handset instead of being universal?

geoff5093

Reaction score
Yes it is, you can pop in a GSM SIM from AT&T, T-Mobile, or any international country and it will work.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I take it that the pin is particular to each handset instead of being universal?

not sure

Yes it is, you can pop in a GSM SIM from AT&T, T-Mobile, or any international country and it will work.

source to confirm? I always thought the SIM had to be unlocked on the phone first. Just what I've hear, would like to know for sure though.

geoff5093

Reaction score
not sure

source to confirm? I always thought the SIM had to be unlocked on the phone first. Just what I've hear, would like to know for sure though.
Check XDA, many members report using a $30 unlimited T-Mobile and AT&T SIM on their Verizon DNA with no problems.