The Official I Got My Galaxy S5 Thread

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Congrats Jackie! Nice to hear a Moto lover enjoying their new Samsung! My significant other & I love our S5s.

tap'n on my S5

Moto just couldn't keep up with the camera for my liking. I do photography outside of my job selling phones, so it was important to me. Although I'm hearing that they made some changes to it with the next version due to a pairing with a big company that told them it's the software

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: cr6

bswnyca

Reaction score
the fingerprint scanner works for me every time.

Sent from my Samsung S5 on Tapatalk
Hi there - do you have a cover on your phone too? i defaulted to pattern cuz it seems cover gets in the way of fingerprint scanning ability to swipe over the home button with case on. wondering if I add a glass tempered screen protector if that will help or am I destined to use a pattern [less secure]

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Hi there - do you have a cover on your phone too? i defaulted to pattern cuz it seems cover gets in the way of fingerprint scanning ability to swipe over the home button with case on. wondering if I add a glass tempered screen protector if that will help or am I destined to use a pattern [less secure]
I have multiple cases, and none of them have ever interfered with using the fingerprint scanner.

Duster

Reaction score

I do. I have the lightweight one-piece Otter case, and a tempered glass protector. I love it, and it is open at the bottom end for the scanner and power ports. Zero interference.

Sent from my Samsung S5 on Tapatalk

DoctorV

Reaction score
I got my Galaxy S5! There it's official. My previous phone was the Droid Bionic which is still holding up well like a champ since it's launch day but I wanted something different. Back when I was waiting for the Bionic there were rumors of the Galaxy S2 coming to Verizon and I was going to get that over the Bionic but since it never came out I went with the Bionic. Now here I am 3 years later and I finally a Galaxy S series.

I'm loving it so far. The screen is huge and gorgeous! So far it trumps the Bionic in everything except for Google Navigation. On my Bionic I would type in my destination and boom off I go with voice directions but with Maps it's a few extra steps :/ Other than that it's god like :)

sinr764

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
galaxy s5 sm g900p boost versi
You got it!! Congrats. Share your thoughts here.
looking for the bloatware list for the s5 sm g900p boost version , not sprint!! can u help me

OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
looking for the bloatware list for the s5 sm g900p boost version , not sprint!! can u help me
Most International phones do not have bloat.

bawldiggle

Reaction score
My S2 died, would not boot (no screen)... old age, I think I had it for about 6 years, purchased when it was THE Samsung phone
The SIM fell apart when removed from the S2. Two new batteries in its life time
The S2 was on 24/7 when I was working ... my own business.
Now I have lost 10 years of contacts :(
I hope tethering works, I must learn how to backup Contacts etc. KIES via Wifi on the S2 was a lot of hit and miss :mad: :mad:

I agonized over what to replace the S2 with ... its a massive Pandoras box of confusion out here, I am 5 weeks shy of 73

A brand new unlocked (in original sealed packaging) 16 GB S5 at a greatly reduced price, no Samsung warranty but it comes with 12 month replacement warranty
$164 USD, £128 GBP ... $225 AUD

Already very impressed with the S5, a lot better than the S2, now she-who-must-be-obeyed wants a new S5 :rolleyes:

Just noticed I joined this forum in 2013.