★ The Official "I got my Galaxy S4" thread ★

BuckyN8

Reaction score
I got mine yesterday and had best buy price match Sam's Club for $178 and I also traded in my Bionic and got $70 for it. I'm so glad to finally be out of my Bionic

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

PlugKnocker

Reaction score
Just got my S4 today. Jumped from DroidX to S4 is cool. Like XP to Win8. But tonight I'm having trouble getting it to access the net, it will make calls, just cannot use like play store or browser.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Congrats to all the recent acquirers of the phone!!

Just got my S4 today. Jumped from DroidX to S4 is cool. Like XP to Win8. But tonight I'm having trouble getting it to access the net, it will make calls, just cannot use like play store or browser.

Have you tried rebooting the phone?

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is your old phone fully powered off?

PlugKnocker

Reaction score
Congrats to all the recent acquirers of the phone!!

Have you tried rebooting the phone?

Yes. Three times, shut down, restart, pulled battery. Still No Connection with Play. I will used the basic app for my example. It should work the simplest I thought.
Not sure if I should call customer support, or ride out the S4 introduction.

But keep the suggestions coming.

Sl4ck3r

Reaction score
I got my S4 yesterday. I had Best Buy price match newegg who has the S4 for $159.99 ($90 less than Best Buy's price). Traded in my Galaxy Nexus for $157 gift card making the S4 final price of $2.99+tax. Can't beat that deal... how could I say no? There was a line earlier in the day of pre-order customers paying $250 for their new phone. I went back later and there was no longer a line so it was quick and simple. The Best Buy manager who did the override didn't believe the price I was getting matched and had to see it for himself LOL. Oh well.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I got my S4 yesterday. I had Best Buy price match newegg who has the S4 for $159.99 ($90 less than Best Buy's price). Traded in my Galaxy Nexus for $157 gift card making the S4 final price of $2.99+tax. Can't beat that deal... how could I say no? There was a line earlier in the day of pre-order customers paying $250 for their new phone. I went back later and there was no longer a line so it was quick and simple. The Best Buy manager who did the override didn't believe the price I was getting matched and had to see it for himself LOL. Oh well.

Wow, awesome deal!! Congrats!!

jseah

Reaction score
My nephew's featurephone died on him, so I bought him a S4 as an early birthday present. He's the last one in his family to get on the smartphone bandwagon. Also picked up the tempered glass screen protector and an Incipio two piece case for him. The AT&T store was price gouging for memory cards (they wanted $40 for a 16 gb), so I ordered him a 32 GB card through Amazon.

Anomander

Reaction score
I got my S4 yesterday during a baseball tourney. I did not get a good price on it other then the $50 mail in rebate, but coming from my Droid Bionic and I am loving this phone so I am more then happy with the price! It is a huge upgrade over that I think. Trying to figure out the air gestures and how they work.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
My nephew's featurephone died on him, so I bought him a S4 as an early birthday present. He's the last one in his family to get on the smartphone bandwagon. Also picked up the tempered glass screen protector and an Incipio two piece case for him. The AT&T store was price gouging for memory cards (they wanted $40 for a 16 gb), so I ordered him a 32 GB card through Amazon.

I got my S4 yesterday during a baseball tourney. I did not get a good price on it other then the $50 mail in rebate, but coming from my Droid Bionic and I am loving this phone so I am more then happy with the price! It is a huge upgrade over that I think. Trying to figure out the air gestures and how they work.

Very cool!! Congrats!!

jennahbarnes

Reaction score
Impressive

I already got my Samsung Galaxy S4 a couple of days ago and I really love it. Also, most of my friends commented on its big screen. At first I thought I will be having battery issues because of its features and 5-inch screen, but I can get through the day with normal use and have 30 percent left.

PlugKnocker

Reaction score
Thank you for all the suggestions. As it turns out my wireless router was the cause of my issue. After I replaced my router the S4 worked like lightening. It was odd the S4 is what made me aware of the issue. I have multiple wireless devices, turns out each were indicating connection issues, but none were constant. With the S4 it simply would not pass through the wireless router. Is it possible the S4 has a minimum connectivity rate before it will connect? (Cost of S4 through Verizon + New Wireless isn't priceless. But the S4 is a heck of a nice phone).

Stingray71

Reaction score
got mine, verizon. Coming from a bionic. Boy, what a difference. Giving my bionic to the kids for angry birds etc.

gling

Reaction score
My wife picked mine up a week ago while I was having back surgery (and saved my unlimited data by the way). Haven't been coherent enough to figure out all the tricks but as the fog lifts, I'll have plenty of time to do so. The one thing that was really frustrating was the dropped wi-fi connection issue which I resolved yesterday after doing a little research. Turns out my D-Link router and the GS4 don't play well together. Fortunately there's a pretty simple work around for now.