★ The Official "I got my Galaxy S4" thread ★

dfess1

Reaction score
So tell me how this makes sense. I get the email mine has shipped on sunday. It was picked up in Coatsville PA on sat, and made it into philly sorting facitlity. Great. I live in a philly suburb. Monday it gets sent to Memphis TN, just to be delivered to my door supposedly by 7pm today (tuesday)! This is on Verizon as well.

DevonM

Reaction score
So tell me how this makes sense. I get the email mine has shipped on sunday. It was picked up in Coatsville PA on sat, and made it into philly sorting facitlity. Great. I live in a philly suburb. Monday it gets sent to Memphis TN, just to be delivered to my door supposedly by 7pm today (tuesday)! This is on Verizon as well.
Damn, and I thought mine was bad, being in CT. That's seriously ****ed up.

BLeClair12

Reaction score

It doesn't make much sense, but it's pretty typical on FedEx's part. Not that I have anything against them - they're quite fast and extremely reliable in all of my experience, but what they do on the back end always seemed strange to me.

As I said in the other thread, I've worked for a company that ships via FedEx for a long time. I've noticed that pretty much any package that leaves the state of origin goes through Memphis, even if it's being delivered to the neighboring state. Stuff that stays in-state usually passes through the state's largest FedEx processing facility and then moves on to its destination. That's usually the case, but in no way is it a foregone conclusion. So, in essence, I'm not surprised yours traveled to Memphis, despite being in-state.

I was getting a little worried my delivery would be delayed, as it hadn't even left Memphis when I went to bed last night (it had been there since 4:09am Monday morning), but it's on the truck for delivery now!

themuttt

Reaction score
mine did the same (Just north of Baltimore) but now it's sitting in the local facility saying it's not due to be delivered even though mine says the estimate is today as well

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
So, heres the thing to keep in mind: Fed Ex almost never has accurate tracking information... Sorry, but it's true. It can go from Memphis to on the truck in a matter of minutes, once all the magic thingy-majiggs, to the whatcha-macall-it.

BLeClair12

Reaction score
It's here! It's here! :biggrin: Well, it's at my house, but I'm stuck at work until 5. :mad:

DevonM

Reaction score
Mine arrived at noon. The nice lady at FedEx actually called me back and said she spoke to the driver, and let me know when it was gonna be here. Pretty good customer service, IMO.
Now I have it charging while I eat lunch, then off to the store to have it activated and swapped to my line. ^_^

Quoted from the other thread.

RoscoeDpG

Reaction score
its here! but now i got some stuff to do cant mess with it till later....but all i know is i got something to kill time later with haha

Dark Helmut

Reaction score
It doesn't make much sense, but it's pretty typical on FedEx's part. Not that I have anything against them - they're quite fast and extremely reliable in all of my experience, but what they do on the back end always seemed strange to me.

As I said in the other thread, I've worked for a company that ships via FedEx for a long time. I've noticed that pretty much any package that leaves the state of origin goes through Memphis, even if it's being delivered to the neighboring state. Stuff that stays in-state usually passes through the state's largest FedEx processing facility and then moves on to its destination. That's usually the case, but in no way is it a foregone conclusion. So, in essence, I'm not surprised yours traveled to Memphis, despite being in-state.

I was getting a little worried my delivery would be delayed, as it hadn't even left Memphis when I went to bed last night (it had been there since 4:09am Monday morning), but it's on the truck for delivery now!

i work for fedex and get asked this question a lot, everything goes the the main hub in memphis to get sorted even the items are being delivered locally.i have gotten my ear chewed off becasue somthing happened with one of the planes at memphis and a customer package was delayed even thpuhg the item was going from mass to ct.

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Boom! :cool-b:

mys4_2.jpg

This thing is amazing! Loving it so far. Time to play with it some more! :big smile:

BLeClair12

Reaction score
If anyone ends up picking up an S-View Cover in the next few days, I'd really love to know what you think of it. I bought a cheap plastic case for the time being, but I'm definitely considering one of those things.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Boom! :cool-b:

mys4_2.jpg

This thing is amazing! Loving it so far. Time to play with it some more! :big smile:
johnDroid is going to be sooooo mad!! LOL!!!!! We are both waiting for our new devices. Won't get them until tomorrow!!! RAWRRRRRRRRRR

RoscoeDpG

Reaction score
up and running, but i did have to go get a new sim card from verizon but no biggie all is well and running